April 19, 2024, 11:51:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3/1/19 Hunt  (Read 404 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2019, 05:43:43 pm »

Well the easy hogs are gone and now we are back to hunting the runners. Went to my buddies lease and put down on a decent track. Plotts Gumbo and Hank trailed out opening here and there. Went about 800 yards and jumped. They took him straight to the river and put him across. Due to all the rain it was raging. Normally it is 50-75 yards wide and you can wade it with about 100 yards of sandbar. Now it was a 170 yards across. We called and toned them back and the river swept them over 500 yards before they made it back or Gumbo did. Hank tried 3 times and kept getting swept down river. We went to a different place and Clyde and a couple of mine struck. I turned Clyde and Squaw loose and they went straight into a cutover about 200 yards and jumped. They ran about 29 minutes and we cut some young dogs into them. Hank must have heard them because he made it into the race and dang if they didn’t put this one across the river. Well we knew we wouldn’t get the young dogs to swim back so we headed around and had them back in a hour and a half. Next day a friend Matt joined us and we got as far from the river as possible. Found some sign and put Hank, Gumbo and Matt’s cur gyp down. They trailed a ways and jumped. Ran him a 1/4 mile and bayed. Went in and caught a young boar about 200#. Would have barred him but the bulldog broke his snout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 08:04:27 pm »

That's tough luck there cajun. On the plus side though, at least you had to make them quit. They didn't give it up. In a way I'm glad to see you have a rough hunt. I was starting to feel bad because you were making it look too easy lol.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 10:36:22 am »

Easier to get em back then to get them to go lol good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: