April 23, 2024, 10:08:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCD types and breeds yall are using  (Read 9354 times)
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »

On average how long are your dogs caught before you get to em

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »

Lol......good try

LOL..  i sure like that saying on ur avatar man...a dog aint got a chance nowadays...i remember when a feller will tell you more whats wrong with his dogs than whats rite ...hehehe

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 07:39:55 pm »

Man ol Oconee was my buddy that guy was a hoot. I got several of those curs that will catch by them selfs but I don’t have any pics of them I am usually way off from them when they catch out by time I get there they get a blade or I send a cd to em to help till someone can get to em. I hope this don’t make me a liar cuz I don’t have a pic of it. I caught 70 crappie the other day but didn’t get a pic of that ether does that mean I wasn’t even there. The next time I hunt a rough dog and it catches out I will make darn sure I get a pic of it. This thread is just getting good need some more action on the web

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K-Bar
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2019, 08:53:40 pm »

I like them chit eaters you have Mike. You too Jmesonp1.  .
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 09:11:53 pm »

Man ol Oconee was my buddy that guy was a hoot. I got several of those curs that will catch by them selfs but I don’t have any pics of them I am usually way off from them when they catch out by time I get there they get a blade or I send a cd to em to help till someone can get to em. I hope this don’t make me a liar cuz I don’t have a pic of it. I caught 70 crappie the other day but didn’t get a pic of that ether does that mean I wasn’t even there. The next time I hunt a rough dog and it catches out I will make darn sure I get a pic of it. This thread is just getting good need some more action on the web

Judge peel I sh!t you not, I talked to oconee at uncle earls several times this past weekend and one of the first things he asked me was if you were still on ETHD lol, can't make this stuff up...
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 09:23:48 pm »

Lmao he had a hard on for me for what ever reason. Hell he probably a nice fella idk. He was a hot head the few times I talked to him on the phone tho he would call me after a hot session on here and act like he was look for something then bang go off on me lol. He told me he was 58 yrs old but the pics he had on the net looked 35 lol. He challenged me to a dual one time lol pretty funny guy heck I miss him on here.

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2019, 09:35:20 pm »

Lmfao, some of his posts would crack me up when i first got on here

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2019, 09:43:49 pm »

It’s all internet talk guys get all upset heck it’s funny to me but some guys actually think they can say what ever they want and you can’t. Or that what you say don’t add up but what they say is the law. Most are full of there own crap. But there are some good folks on here I have met some real good guys off here some not so good it comes with the territory.

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2019, 06:14:11 am »

Lmao he had a hard on for me for what ever reason. Hell he probably a nice fella idk. He was a hot head the few times I talked to him on the phone tho he would call me after a hot session on here and act like he was look for something then bang go off on me lol. He told me he was 58 yrs old but the pics he had on the net looked 35 lol. He challenged me to a dual one time lol pretty funny guy heck I miss him on here.

I brushed it off as a bit of sarcasm, he came and eat some fried fish with us Friday night, I went to get Ed from Tuskers to come eat so we could catch up and oconee was sitting over there and stood up and said "is that goose, heck I'm coming to eat to", that was the scope of our conversation, nobody was talking plotts, so he didn't stay long, aside from his rants he's a pretty decent guy and has good plotts, he's just "very" passionate about them lol...
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2019, 07:59:01 am »

I think what pissed him off was I told him that a dog don’t have to run a hog for miles to be a good dog. He seemed to know more about me then I did. After that I couldn’t take him seriously.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2019, 08:57:46 pm »

If you can’t hunt hogs with it on Saturday and pen cows with em on Sunday. They ain’t no count

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2019, 09:34:22 pm »

Lol I hear people say that but I never seen a dog run thru cows to bay a hog then come back and bay those same cows at night on command

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2019, 09:50:59 pm »

Lol I hear people say that but I never seen a dog run thru cows to bay a hog then come back and bay those same cows at night on command

I assure you they exist. If you got any local day hands worth a count, they can tell you the same

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2019, 10:00:38 pm »

Lol they might be some out there but I ain’t seen it. So your telling me that you got a dog that you can push thru a heard of cattle bay a hog then turn around and bay up the cattle on command. Day hands lie to son I don’t pay much mind to what people say

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2019, 05:22:14 am »

The dual purpose dogs definitely exist. I have hunted with them many times but while I've owned and hunted dogs that were very related to them I didn't use mine that way. The reason being is dogs are like kids, even the good ones screw up sometimes. If you are hunting your own property with your cattle on it then I see no problem with it. But if your on someone else's property with their cattle and your bored young dog(s) decides hell there ain't no hog here I'll just bay this set of cows, then things can go south quick. It can happen with a dog that isn't used dually but is usually more tempting for that one that already thinks there's no harm in it. When your 6 or 800 yards away thinking that ole so and so is baying a hog and it's really Ferdinand, it can get western quick fast and in a hurry. I seen it happen first hand more than once. Once they had an 1800-2000# Ferdinand caught. I had a hell of a time getting him legged and thrown by myself. I was the first one in there. These dogs didn't lack handle. They knew what was what, they just had a brain fart and got bored. Or I've seen cattle run at dual purpose dogs like they do so many times. Instead of catching another gear and getting on past them like mine will, they got pissed off and didn't bluff. So then we had cattle bayed. They bunched because they were dog broke but it could've gone from bad to worse if they hadn't been. Plus we were right there when it happened and were able to call the dogs off and it was the other guys cattle. I've also seen dogs that were hog dogs by day and coon dogs by night. It worked well both ways. Super good dog. Heck once I saw him bay a hog that was backed up to a pin oak tree. He would bark a few barks at the hog then look up and bark a few barks. We look up and sure enough he was bayed and treed at the same time one boar hog and one boar coon. I guess he did that on purpose because he didn't want to run back and forth from bush to tree bush to tree so he just moved the boar hog over.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2019, 08:29:45 am »

He would bark a few barks at the hog then look up and bark a few barks. We look up and sure enough he was bayed and treed at the same time one boar hog and one boar coon. I guess he did that on purpose because he didn't want to run back and forth from bush to tree bush to tree so he just moved the boar hog over.

LOL.... Good one rite there...

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2019, 08:34:11 am »

Lol they might be some out there but I ain’t seen it. So your telling me that you got a dog that you can push thru a heard of cattle bay a hog then turn around and bay up the cattle on command. Day hands lie to son I don’t pay much mind to what people say

Yes I have 2 of them. Another crazy concept but you can still bay hogs like cows. seems far out until you get to see dogs that do it.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2019, 08:51:47 am »

The dual purpose dogs definitely exist. I have hunted with them many times but while I've owned and hunted dogs that were very related to them I didn't use mine that way. The reason being is dogs are like kids, even the good ones screw up sometimes. If you are hunting your own property with your cattle on it then I see no problem with it. But if your on someone else's property with their cattle and your bored young dog(s) decides hell there ain't no hog here I'll just bay this set of cows, then things can go south quick. It can happen with a dog that isn't used dually but is usually more tempting for that one that already thinks there's no harm in it. When your 6 or 800 yards away thinking that ole so and so is baying a hog and it's really Ferdinand, it can get western quick fast and in a hurry. I seen it happen first hand more than once. Once they had an 1800-2000# Ferdinand caught. I had a hell of a time getting him legged and thrown by myself. I was the first one in there. These dogs didn't lack handle. They knew what was what, they just had a brain fart and got bored. Or I've seen cattle run at dual purpose dogs like they do so many times. Instead of catching another gear and getting on past them like mine will, they got pissed off and didn't bluff. So then we had cattle bayed. They bunched because they were dog broke but it could've gone from bad to worse if they hadn't been. Plus we were right there when it happened and were able to call the dogs off and it was the other guys cattle. I've also seen dogs that were hog dogs by day and coon dogs by night. It worked well both ways. Super good dog. Heck once I saw him bay a hog that was backed up to a pin oak tree. He would bark a few barks at the hog then look up and bark a few barks. We look up and sure enough he was bayed and treed at the same time one boar hog and one boar coon. I guess he did that on purpose because he didn't want to run back and forth from bush to tree bush to tree so he just moved the boar hog over.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Couple things that allow us to use these dogs without reportable incident. 1. We don’t run off to hunt any old place, all my landowners back home know what my dogs are, their cattle are dog broke and if we were to bay them it ain’t no harm done. The ranch and all the surrounding here in lee county don’t matter cause it’s been dogged for long long time by the guys that brought me around.(hunting with buddies I make sure they understand my dogs do go both ways, they do handle, I’m not going to be responsible for my dog barking twice and calling out and their so called “broke” dog not calling off) 2 our dogs aren’t the least bit rough on anything that wants to stand Bayed, we ain’t chewing up baby calves or ripping leather off the mans best cow. 3. They handle better than most peoples kids. “Get In here” 1 time most days keeps them high and tight till we send them on whatever we’re aiming to bay. 4 we bay and shoot so there’s never a question what we have bayed. I hear horror stories of people sending catchdogs to a cow bayed and all I know is you got to be dumber than the dogs your using to do that

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2019, 09:36:40 am »

I ain’t talking bout a dog that will bay hogs or cows I am talking bout a dog you can put on the ground run thru cows Notta bay a hog then on the way back pen cows. I know a lot of old timers that had dual purpose dogs but it goes like this if there where hogs around you might bay them up if there where cows you might get them I ain’t seen one that was just turn out and sent to get hogs and passed up cows might be one out there but I ain’t seen it

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2019, 10:35:52 am »

I ain’t talking bout a dog that will bay hogs or cows I am talking bout a dog you can put on the ground run thru cows Notta bay a hog then on the way back pen cows. I know a lot of old timers that had dual purpose dogs but it goes like this if there where hogs around you might bay them up if there where cows you might get them I ain’t seen one that was just turn out and sent to get hogs and passed up cows might be one out there but I ain’t seen it

There’s quite a few out there. I’m not talking about cow dogs who trashed or trip on a hog on the way to cows. I’m talk about sure enough nice on hogs and nice on cows and do which ever it is told to do and can switch modes faster than you can change your drawers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: