April 19, 2024, 08:23:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last few hunts  (Read 507 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2019, 08:48:23 pm »

Been a few hunts since I posted but we’ve stayed in them, somewhat atleast. 2 Wednesdays ago me and my buddy Nathan turn out at sundown at his place outside of Pettus. 3,500 acre place and your basically hunting rollin pastures with scattered oak motts and huisache we hunt them dogs for 3.5 hours. 20 miles of tracks on their feet and we load em up to go check another area and we catch 2 big hogs in the headlights. Hiss the dogs on them and they run the track backwards and we get dumped on a million(literally I counted) piglets. Pick dogs up. Go about a half mile put dogs down at a water trough. Sketch and Rocky take out noses into the wind on a string, let out at .57mi and poor old hog though running was going to be a good idea. They poured the coals to her for about another half mile and bayed in oak Mott on top of a hill. Nathan’s 2 young dogs show up and they’re baying right. Kill a good sow and by now it’s 2am. We’ve been hunting for 6 hours and both gotta be up at 7 for work so we called it. https://vimeo.com/326469241
      That Saturday morning me and Rhett make a round back home in Fayette county. Sketch strikes a group in a spot that normally is just an old boar laying. Rocky shows and they get to wheeling around like they’re supposed to and then idk what happens but they act like they never been nowhere. I shoot a big sow as the group breaks. They take another sow and after they let her walk around a really bad spot that hogs always walk on bays in, Rhett kills another good sow and I was done with them acting like 2 year old and picked them up and called it.
Here’s them baying like they should https://vimeo.com/326469966
The sow we killed after they lost their sense
       Sunday evening me and the Milam county boys have this 300 acre high fence lined up for the evening. We show up only to be informed Tshelly and his gang had been in there the day before with a whole string of dogs all day and got 12. Knowing it was fixing to be a number 2 show we put dogs down anyway. Sketch finally after an hours gets a good track pointed forward and strikes a sow with pigs. She takes the hog up out of the swamp, gets a full tour of the place about 3 times over then starts running up and down the fence like the hog got out. Meanwhile rocky catches a shoat in the swamp. Sketch comes back her and rocky line a hog out. Get another grand tour and back to the same spot on the fence and they pace up and down. Come back, catch another pig and call it.
    Then just yesterday we go turn my 2 and old rose out at the ranch and immediately know they ain’t hunting. They were dicking around after about 2 hours rocky starts circling 15 yards from where sketch has walked by 4 times and he opens up. They stand a decent boar hog up. He tries to break they put the woah and I killed him and picked them up.

I unlike most people will not lie for or on my dogs when they have their days. And I will not waste time jacking with them when they ain’t doing right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 09:39:11 pm »

Good deal

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 05:25:46 am »

Slim.i don't think that was suicide in that first picture. One I don't believe that hog could've shot itself there and 2 I don't believe the gun would've landed quite like that. Might need to investigate that a little.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 06:50:37 am »

Not me lol. That was my cousin Nick and Clayton. My cousin does hunt a lot of my dogs though. We swap dogs around that need more work, go on the DL, etc. I’ll send him young dogs that need to be pushed when he’s hunting a lot and I’m not. We pretty much share about 15 head.

Those are some good hunts you had ! Glad to see the dogs are still rolling for you. I’ll be headed up to hunt with my cousin and them for the Burleson County hunt this weekend.

Get ahead dog!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: