March 29, 2024, 04:50:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s In Your Cur Dogs  (Read 4862 times)
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2019, 06:17:37 pm »

i don't know whats in my dogs . the young dogs i have are half dr longs line . my original dogs go back thru the old man , bigo , ben jordan and back to the bigboyxblondie cross that ricky driver made years ago . it's been said that bigboy was a woodruff dog , from there nobody knows i reckon .

i guess they were bred between neibhors that had to have dogs to handle free range cattle and hogs in the woods and keep 2 and 4 legged varmints away , just like my folks had in central florida before 1900 .
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2019, 06:20:24 pm »

I know exactly where your talking about. That's a real hoggy area. I'd enjoy meeting and hunting with both of you.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Yeah they said those woods were loaded. PM your name and number, I’ll pass it along to my cousin. I only make it over that way sometimes. Nicks ranch is just off county rd 411.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get ahead dog!
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2019, 05:51:16 pm »

the stock from when I was a kid was just catahoula, later on my uncle had a Australian Shepherd that he would take hog hunting with us sometimes and she was a natural at it just like she was with cows. So we crossed them, that's been around 25 years ago so until about 3 years ago that's all they had in them. I bought out a guy around 5 years ago and he had a silent go ahead plot in the bunch so I bred a bitch to him. They were already good dogs but I like even more what that put in them. If I live long enough later down the road I'm going to breed I little Kelpie in them and then I'm thru. My boys can keep it going like I've got it or they can change it up. The only negative thing I can say about the litter I got out of the plot is that if you come to a place were 3 hogs walked they're not necessarily going to take the hottest track which ever track they put they're nose in first is usually the one they are going to stay with. but usually what ever track they take they will Bay. And don't get me wrong the aren't slow mawling plot they are fast silent.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

What are you looking to achieve from adding the kelpie in there, I love to watch a good set of them on some snorty yearlings...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: