March 29, 2024, 09:57:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last 2  (Read 502 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:06 am »

Last Wednesday me and Blake decided to try and make a quick round again, Blake seen hogs at the place we were going about 6:45. 7:45 we pull up, and catch them about 300 yards from the gate, send the dogs and they run for a little while and sketch finally sets up bayed, Blake’s 2 get there and they’re hammered. We crawl in to a awesome bay at last light and kill a good sow. Rocky spent this whole time picking off pigs. Get back to the truck and found my gyp puppy hanging and just about gone. brought her back and luckily she is okay. Scared the hell out of me, that’s why I hate clipping dogs up. We called it after that and were headed him by 9.

Sunday my buddy Dawson came out and we went with TW to a place in Fedor. Struck a runner and got our asses smoked out the gate. Re grouped minus punch, he was still out a ways, kicked sketch and rocky down on some fresh tracks and rocky is bayed at 200 and just as punch bays on the other side of the creek at about 600. Me and Dawson go to mine TW goes to Punch, watched mine bay for a good while, they were baying about as good as they have in a good few hunts. Had this sow pinned down pretty good. Let Dawson shoot her. TW ended up swimming the yegua for a little old punk boar hog. We picked up and went for lunch at TWs brothers camp. then kicked back out there in the Woodward country and hunted till about 5 and never even saw a track. Bad day of hunting is better than a good day of work. Dawson had a ton of fun, and I am getting my pups lots and lots of exposure. Hopefully one of them will click here soon and we can really start hunting them. 

Wednesday
 https://vimeo.com/330481001

Sunday
https://vimeo.com/330485376

https://vimeo.com/330481046

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 10:36:37 am »

Nice job. Good watching

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:49:34 pm »

Good hunt. Glad to hear your pup is alright, been seeing several people post about losing dogs like that recently

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
TFree80
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 11:14:46 pm »

My buddy almost lost his best dog like that a few days ago I bet he want make that mistake again. You got a good handle on them dogs slim. What kind of gun are you shooting?
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:32:54 am »

My buddy almost lost his best dog like that a few days ago I bet he want make that mistake again. You got a good handle on them dogs slim. What kind of gun are you shooting?
Yessir, I never ever clip dogs. My uncle jumped my ass about it a while back and only box I have right now that fits the truck I was in is an aluminum one that it was way too hot to use so I clipped her up and just wasn’t thinking.

They handle plenty good for what I want, they can be number 2 heads and like to test me sometimes when new people are around, but In the woods they handle as good as any set I’ve seen. Seems most people I’ve ever run into don’t really care about handle these days, it is number one for me, I hate having to put my hands on dogs or chase them around.

Gun wise I shoot a Rossi R 92 .44 mag. Pretty much a 0% chance of pass through on a hog over 80 lbs and that is why it’s what we shoot. Hit bone and it will smoke down the biggest baddest hogs but Hit soft tissue and you’ll never find him

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: