April 18, 2024, 06:00:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFRN?  (Read 977 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:48:28 pm »

Figured I’d keep it going with some interesting threads. The Cur dog one seems to have some good feedback and has been cool to see what everyone is working with. Who out there has some OFRN? Seems like they’re pretty rare. I know a few kennels claim to breed them, but there’s not many, and everyone wants $1500+ for a puppy. I think they look bad to the bone, and the blood is awesome. But for me $1500 a puppy is a little too much. Nonetheless they’re sweet looking dogs. If you have some let’s see pics, hear stories about them, and hear they’re background info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »

Not rare at all. Some can be pricey to the public. I think they can make good catch dogs because most are pretty far removed from the pit, but a lot are still really hot which can make it challenging. In my opinion there are better ways to go if you can't get them at a reasonable price.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:51:01 pm »

Not rare at all. Some can be pricey to the public. I think they can make good catch dogs because most are pretty far removed from the pit, but a lot are still really hot which can make it challenging. In my opinion there are better ways to go if you can't get them at a reasonable price.

Gotcha! I’ve just never seen them much. They interest me, I wouldn’t pay more for one than a normal pit though

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 01:45:12 pm »

Southern Inferno kennels out of commerce Ga breeds some nice looking OFRN dogs, I don't know anything first hand about their working ability but they sure look good, he's the same guy that owns southern cross cut gear, he's not hard to find....
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 05:53:04 pm »

Southern Inferno kennels out of commerce Ga breeds some nice looking OFRN dogs, I don't know anything first hand about their working ability but they sure look good, he's the same guy that owns southern cross cut gear, he's not hard to find....

I have seen Dave’s dogs, not in person but I’m his friend on Facebook. They sure do look good, I believe he sells them for around $1500 a puppy though. I know people pay it, can’t call anything overpriced if someone is willing to pay that amount. Personally I couldn’t justify that much money for a puppy. A very well started strike dog yes. But not for a catch dog or a puppy. Like I said, they are some awesome looking dogs and the history behind them is very interesting to me. If I care across the right deal on one I would definitely try em out

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 08:50:32 pm »

I have seen Dave’s dogs, not in person but I’m his friend on Facebook. They sure do look good, I believe he sells them for around $1500 a puppy though. I know people pay it, can’t call anything overpriced if someone is willing to pay that amount. Personally I couldn’t justify that much money for a puppy. A very well started strike dog yes. But not for a catch dog or a puppy. Like I said, they are some awesome looking dogs and the history behind them is very interesting to me. If I care across the right deal on one I would definitely try em out

I don't blame you a bit, I had no idea how much he asked for his pups, sounds like they are as mystical as the unicorns and dogos...
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 09:20:11 pm »

My thoughts were correct, $1,500. Now I will say he obviously works his dogs and proves them, and is careful about who gets them breeds them. But that’s still too steep of a price for me. Especially if the puppy doesn’t turn out. No matter how good the parents are, you can’t claim that 100% of the puppies will turn out and prove themselves.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: