April 29, 2024, 08:38:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeding dogs...  (Read 5021 times)
Northstar
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 04:08:25 pm »

Reuben anyone that has been in dogs for any amount of time has come across your type! You are looking for fame and legacy! The good news for you is there is enough new people to buy the regurgitation as your own ideas. Then there is people like myself new to hog dogs but not working dogs by any means. I am not buying your excuse of breeding untested dogs only because you want to try to get "your line" started as fast as possible. You are hurting hunting dogs by throwing a culls and cold dogs in your breeding program. The person talking about the bs breeding was probably breeding dogs for appearance not working.

I call em how I see em!

Where you are mistaken is that Reuben has been on this board for over a decade and has never once tried to push his dogs on anyone or advertise anything he has like it is the next best thing. Yeah, maybe his thought process is different than some but if he is doing it for himself and no one else then why the hell does it matter? No doubt there are a few on here or at least that were on here in the past who were looking for "fame and legacy" but Reuben is not and never has been one of them. He has very openly spoken about both his successes and failures and has always been humble when doing so.

I also call em how I see em!

I am making a observation. I use frequently visit boards this one included. The people trying to reinvent the wheel or peddle pups use really grind my gears. I am past that point as I gain years.

I will point out that I interpreted right or wrong that because it was in a article it had to be valid. That is a complete crock of crap. I have read many things in many articles some stood correct some did not. If you have to do a extreme breed practice like the one listed maybe you need a new foundation. Why work so hard to attempt to make a pedigree full of your name with generations of unproven dogs. 

I agree if the dogs stay on his yard or friends then do as you please it is when you start to sell or gift as something it is not or some groupie gets a dog from a guy and it is a great dog but has bunch of guess and unknowns for 3 generations and then the groupie is out campaigning the dog but little does anyone know that the stud and bitch that created that dog both can’t bust a grape in food fight. So know you have people wasting time feeding bullnumber 2 based on groupies dog.

I don’t really give 2 craps about it. I am just letting him know that he isn’t fooling anyone here with the idea and most have been raised around working dogs would not agree no matter how many articles you feed them. Well maybe 1 person does. I don’t think he ever listed the articles actually. I don’t have a issue with the man personally just me telling him how I feel.

Sorry if this looks silly driving and typing

I am glad I’m influenced with my tag line! Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: