March 28, 2024, 02:48:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caught All Kinds Of Critters Today  (Read 777 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2019, 07:01:18 pm »

Well, started out at the back end of one of the farmers properties around 8:35 this morning. Went straight back to the river, and started moving up river. Grabbed up an Alligator turtle before it grabbed a dog, it was laying on the trail. Find a spot to cross, and get on the other side. We end up in all kinds of swampy mess. Finally get going down river on the other side and start seeing some fresh sign. Dogs didn’t really wanna do anything today. They end up trashing on a momma possum, we had a good come to Jesus meeting about that one.

Then I stepped inches away from a 4ft water moccasin, he opened his mouth and started hissing and my buddy Johnathan plugged him right in the mouth. We keep on going and the dogs end up jumping a pig. I know they didn’t smell him or they would’ve snatched him before he could move, I was running all silent rough dogs. He blows back past us with Dum Dum right on his tail end. I guess that pig caught an extra running gear because normally they stop a runner fast but that little sucker was gone. They went .88 and showed treed. We were trying to find a river crossing to get to them. Ended up being about 30 minutes and they came back, I think they killed him. He wasn’t bigger than a dog.

Finally get all the dogs back together, find a spot to cross the river back to the truck and called it a day at 2:30pm. We were wore out after going across water over 20 times today. We were in a chain of islands and none of the surrounding water showed up on the Garmin so we kept getting surprised with an endless amount of channels to cross. Overall it wasn’t a bad day. Dogs got to run and I was tickled pink that my young dog punk went .88 with her two uncles, Thorn and Dum Dum. She’s a year old, hasn’t found her own pig yet, but she likes to get gone and she’s nasty when she catches. Can’t always knock em down, but it beats a day at the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:13:00 pm »

Poor snake

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:45:29 pm »

Poor snake

Ohhhhhhh no I have a hatred for water moccasins and rattle snakes lol. Can’t kill enough of them

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 07:52:01 pm »

Heck yea, a day in the woods with friends and dogs can't be beat...
DavidTBH
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 07:59:08 pm »

Hate snakes!! A lot of people want to slap me for this but the only good snake is a dead one!

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Tapatalk
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 08:13:46 pm »

That’s for sure goose! David, I’m with you on that one. If I happen across a black snake or a king snake I’ll let them go, but any rattler, copperhead, or water moccasin has to go. I killed a 5ft water moccasin about a month ago, floating down one of the skinny canals on my land

Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 06:47:06 pm »

Good looking group of dogs. Really like that copper colored  lunk head in the last picture
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 07:11:26 pm »

Good looking group of dogs. Really like that copper colored  lunk head in the last picture

Thank ya! He’s a damn headache.  That’s my dog Thorn. He was the first dog I ever got. I got him when he was about 6 months old off of an old man that my uncle is friends with. Nothing special, just a bulldog. He’s lucky I’m sentimental to him because I had him in the house and he was my only dog for almost two years. He absolutely hates riding in the box. If he knows I’m going hunting he will hide in his dog house and I have to drag him out, and he will shake like crazy before I put him in the box. Like he’s completely terrified. And then when it’s time to head home he will try to hide in the woods around the truck sometimes. I don’t know why he’s so scared of getting in the box. He’s a good RCD though. He will go around a mile if he sees the pig. A lot of the time he will stick with the lead dog on a hot track. I’ve never had him find his own pig though. Catches pretty hard and is always somewhere on the head. He will grab an ear if there’s any available. All my dogs catch so they’re normally all hanging off of the head until there’s no more room and then they’ll grab where they can

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:11 pm »

Lol the poor snake thing was a joke. I don't let many make it. And I as for the scared of the box thing, weeelllllllll, how good a driver are ya, lol?

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 07:41:36 pm »

Im.just picking I love giving folks a hard time

Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 08:17:46 pm »

Lol, I’m pretty easy with them in the box T-dog. Might be because my truck is real loud, I’m not sure if that messes with him. Now if you leave the door open by accident, he’ll be inside the truck in a heart beat. It’s kind of embarrassing actually. I was hunting with a few guys and we finished and were loading dogs. He was sitting 80yds away and wouldn’t come no matter how much I shocked him. So I drag him about half way until he starts going on his own. Then I turn around to see he’s ran back and jumped inside of a guy’s truck. I wanted to kill that dog lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: