March 28, 2024, 05:48:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Microchips  (Read 635 times)
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2019, 08:00:51 pm »

Has anyone microchipped their dogs, if so what brand did you go with and what are some do's and dont's....
CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 10:19:36 pm »

I use home again chips. Make sure the frequency you get is a universal one so any chip reader will read it. And make sure to REGISTER IT!!! Chips do no good if they aren’t registered.  You’d think that’d be common sense but hey...   And typically once you register it, it’s good forever. Some companies have a yearly thing you can sign up for where they’ll send flyers out to local vets and shelters in the area. Hope that’s helpful for ya!!  Grin
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 06:53:25 am »

Correct. there are several frequencies. I went overseas with a dog and had to get it microchipped to pass customs. I had to order the international frequency because all the vets had the U.S. version. Was quite the run around. Like above, make sure you keep it registered to be any good.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:37:23 am »

Is there a separate cost to register them in addition to the  initial purchase price?
CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 01:00:41 pm »

Yes sir sometimes there is additional cost to register it after the purchase price. If you buy a chip online as opposed to going through a clinic there’s probably going to be an additional charge. Lots of clinics include registration cost at the time of implant. But they still have you do the actual registration.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 02:10:50 pm »

I've chipped a lot of my dogs that have gone overseas. One of the requirements are they must have a rabies shot 21 days in advance but must be chipped before the rabies shot is given. I can understand the rabies shot being given 21 days in advance but what difference does it make when the dog is microchipped?

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
bigo
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 01:13:58 pm »

I would guess it is so you can't run in a ringer. I am having the same processes to go through just to send semen to Australia. I can see
 the microchip, but If a dog has a clean brucellosis test, you should be good to go on semen. I can't think of anything else being transmitted by semen.

The older I get, the better I was.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man.
         Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: