March 28, 2024, 11:45:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5-13-19 hunt  (Read 1228 times)
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2019, 08:39:03 pm »

Made hunt today had good time my buddy came brought some young dogs that he been trying to get going we split up around some pine plantion looking for some sign his old dog started yelling in box he turned him out he didn't go far and bayed sent some puppies to him hog broke before they ever got to him they was running him kinda in my direction couple young dogs lost out of the race in that pine plantion so I sent Ennis to em he took him about a mile a little more and hog got in back water and they lost him  get gathered up ride down another road see little rooting didn't look real fresh I put Ennis honey pistol down they went down road little way then Ennis went right gyps went left he got in the good ways and got one up gyps went to him they run her about 3/4 mile got her bayed we went around caught her rode around little more he put his old dog down with 2 young dogs old dog got out there got one up young dogs had went the other direction hog broke so I sent Ennis pistol and honey to him he ended up losing hog in plantion Ennis and them gyps finally got her bayed went in caught her we lead dogs out to shooting lane so we could turn hog loose his boy stayed with dogs tied up he went to hollering we get back to him Ennis fell out with a seizure his breathing got real shallow he was just stiff wouldn't move get buggy down there get bulldogs and everything loaded Ennis started taking deeper breaths but still wouldn't move or nothing I loaded him in box he finally sit up I took him on to vet his blood sugar was very low gave him some karo syrup in little bit he was up wagging his tail they went on run all blood work said everything looked good and he was worm free and everything I know I was worried for little bit I know I will keep so karo syrup with me from now on

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:49:34 pm »

Ole Ennis just had a sweet tooth lol. That's sure enough nice looking dog in the red collar barking up the bank.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:57:50 am »

Yes sir I guess so. Thank you that is little pistol she is full catahoula she pretty nice little young dog so far

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 11:59:33 am »

I think everybody has high water now. Glad your dog is ok.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:37:44 am »

Glad to hear that your dog recovered, sounds like he is a good one. What is that syrup? Sounds like it’s not a bad thing to keep on hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 07:27:27 pm »

Good looking dogs.   That syrup got that dog back right quickly huh?
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 08:38:04 pm »

I believe karo is the brand it's a corn syrup. Yeah when he gave him that syrup he was up in 10 minutes like nothing ever happened my old buddy said he has seen it good bit especially in hard running beagles said they fall out give em some that syrup and the be back up in just little bit

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:37 pm »

Vet did that to a bitch of mine that got wrecked and the blood sugar dropping is one reason stressed dogs may not make it.
TFree80
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 11:23:52 pm »

Might be a dumb question but is it possible for dogs to have a form of diabetes?
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 03:57:29 am »

Absolutely

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 05:11:43 am »

Keep of bottle of Dyne in my bag, but after this I think I’ll compare the labels as the Karo may  be cheaper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: