March 29, 2024, 09:10:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppy hunt  (Read 1211 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:09:18 pm »

Barbie and I made a little round this morning. We saw a few tracks but nothing tha looked fresh like the last day or 2. We get to where I wanted to cast and turned out Raylynn, her 2 pups Ava and Ken, and Lulu. Raylynn went down hill and Lulu went up hill. The pups went Raylynn's way then came back and went Lulu's way then came back and went Raylynn's way and in a big hurry every step. I'm pretty sure they were smelling hog and just were too excited to line it out. It was their 3rd or 4th hunt. About the time they got down to where Raylynn went in the brush, she came blowing out in a dead run and head high. I think someone told her where the hogs were. She took those pups in about 250 or 300 yards from us and they sat down bayed. The hogs made a break for it and Raylynn snagged a pig. The impressive part was the pups bayed a sow and didn't quit to go to the caught hog. By the time we got down there lulu was getting there and Raylynn had killed the pig and was bayed with the pups. They were sure enough telling it. I was sure happy to see the intensity. We wound up catching 4. Nothing of any size but real good puppy hogs. It was the first time my bulldog pup has got to catch a hog in the woods. I was pretty happy with him too. His name is "11". As most of you know I like the linebacker type bulldogs and that was my oldest boys number and position. So that's how it came to be lol.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 10:18:57 pm »

He is lookin like a dog not a pup Thomas.
K-Bar
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 10:33:58 pm »

Glad things went that way Thomas. Great experience for them. That is a damned fine looking catch dog. Really nice.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:58:59 am »

Sounds like them puppies coming on for you that is a good looking bulldog for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:00 am »

Nice looking bulldog...I think his vest has seen a few.
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:06:01 am »

If you know anyone with a sowing machine you could possibly use 4 inch strap and make some leg flaps I did it to one of my hand me downs last week. Sounds like a good time And nice bulldog

Mathews mission venture
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 09:31:07 am »

Ol 11 looks good Thomas. I knew them pups were going to turn out good. They were as smart as could be when they were just pups so their progression doesn't surprise me at all. Can't wait to see how they finish out for you.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 10:30:21 am »

Thanks guys. Yeah that's the only vest I had that would fit him right so I had to make due lol.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: