April 25, 2024, 12:25:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident  (Read 1118 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:55:44 am »

Went to mow my dog pens yesterday morning. Not thinking much of it as they sit at my uncles old place in a big open valley. Turn all the dogs out to run while I mow. I pretty much for get about them for the 30 minutes or so I’m mowing. Cut the mower off when I finish and they have gone about half a mile and dropped off in a big swamp bottom behind a tank and are giving It hell. No knife, no gun, no rope and surely no bulldog. I crawl in there just to see what they had, ends up being a decent boar hog.
https://vimeo.com/338870932
He breaks after he sees me, they put him right back up.
https://vimeo.com/338753020
He breaks again after seeing me and I call sketch out. He goes 200 yards maybe and rocky boo and my pup bay him back. I pull out and figured to hell with them. I can’t help em and they don’t want to listen they can bay till they decide to come out. 3+ hours later they have made it all the way across this hill and are still bayed. Call Colby and tell him to bring a rifle we got to go kill a hog. I send sketch back to them for a fresh mouth and we go in there expecting this boar hog. Get in there and they have a whole village of some of the biggest hogs I’ve seen in a long time bayed. That little .223 AR Colby brought punched a few holes in a couple really big hogs but they packed them off. Ended up killing a shoat and a 150 lb sow and got the dogs called out before something stroked out. That is by far the longest I’ve ever left my dogs bayed on purpose and for a 7 month old pup to have that kind of stay was pretty cool to see. 15th group of hogs bayed this year
https://vimeo.com/338882212

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 09:38:13 am »

Something similar happened to me about a month ago. They got out of hearing before I could get to them. Luckily some hunters were turning dogs out and they went to my gyps that were bayed on that place and caught a good boar. Lucky for me they were good guys and brought my dogs home 5 hours after they left. I'm glad you got yours back ok.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:48:32 am »

Heck of a deal

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 01:20:08 pm »

Nothing wrong with a little back yard hunt.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 03:45:41 pm »

Slim I turned mine out at a feeder and then went and mowed the grass also sure can make them that way hahahahaha just playing sounds like they sure got it going one in this hot weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TFree80
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 07:06:25 pm »

In that second video slim looks like that dude was wanting to put you up a tree lol
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 07:02:09 am »

Pretty cool man. Glad you got them all back!! Pups are doing good

Get ahead dog!
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 07:15:48 am »

Man I am tickled pink with how well she is doing, headed to pick her rocky and sketch up right now, hoping to make a quick loop this morning. Maybe tie into the big footed hog keeps walking our ranch road

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: