April 19, 2024, 01:13:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beeville boar  (Read 710 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:20:13 pm »

Back down in beeville this week. 78 degrees at 7 o’clock so I decided to make a little loop through the Old Medio again. Been hunting it hard, some neighbors I don’t know and the 2 I do with small places haven’t been cooperating so wasn’t expecting much. Hunted what I thought was worth hunting and didn’t hit a track. Loaded dogs and headed out right before dark. On the way out rocky barked in the box. Something my dogs do not do. I backed up and he barked in same spot again. Turned rocky and sketch out and they left. Not sure where they hit the hog. Must have been a good ways off because they do get mouthy once they get behind one. 1.73 miles later they showed bayed 2 places over. Called the neighbor who I talked to before, had said hed normally be more than willing to let me hunt but he just didn’t want to upset the deer hunters who leased the place so he had to declined, I called and told him dogs were 150 yards off the private road with a hog in front of them and I could call them out if need be. He said to hell with that you go get em and kill that hog so I went to them. Spotlight in one hand and rifle in the other he was tucked up in a pretty good Mott but I managed to get eyes on him and made a clean shot. Good little boar hog. Sure wish I could really hunt this place. See hogs every evening along the private road. A heck of a boar among them, guess I’ll just have to hope he makes his way across the road some day. Proud of the dogs for putting the heat on the one we did get. Also Took a little video of some of the country, where we had been hitting hogs, it’s plenty thick.

https://vimeo.com/344709250
https://vimeo.com/344709229

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 09:52:13 pm »

Been feeling like those panting dogs myself in this humidity. Almost makes me nervous when they get on a runner. Sometimes I'm scared their drive will supersede good judgment.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 11:24:14 pm »

Been feeling like those panting dogs myself in this humidity. Almost makes me nervous when they get on a runner. Sometimes I'm scared their drive will supersede good judgment.

Yessir I’m with you. This was Monday evening. Y’all got all that rain up there, we had a big front move In down here and caught a dry line, heat and humidity slacked way off and the rain stayed off of us. When it wants to get good and hot and down right humid. It can be a different animal down here this close to the coast. My dogs don’t have all the bottom in the world but they will give one all he wants as long as they can stay close. They have a good head on their shoulders, you turn em loose knowing it could be the last time but I try to believe they are smart enough to know when they have had enough. I’ve known and owned a few that didn’t, and it ultimately is what took them. Surely a trait that I can respect, but not something I really strive to have these days if that makes sense. Another day another hog is my thought. I like my dogs, piss on a running ass hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:54:20 pm »

True that!

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »