March 28, 2024, 05:16:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun hunt  (Read 871 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2019, 04:13:28 pm »

Caught 7 total.   One was one of the better boars Tuff has caught for me this year.   He walked across the scales this afternoon at 312 pounds.  Tuff did a great job holding him despite the boars big efforts.      I was able to flip and tie him pretty easy but getting him loaded in the truck then into the trailer took some effort.       One of the other boars come in at 203.   He was in a corner of a filed and crashed through the fence.   Tuff caught him under a street light    that lights up the front yard to a weekend home.       

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 04:56:33 pm »

That's a dag good haul there Dean.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 06:43:13 pm »

Good hunt there!
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:23:27 am »

Thanks.    I was hunting for profit and tying to sale them so I put a little more effort into it than I typically do when hunting just for dog food.   
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 10:49:34 am »

Dean tell me you got some video of Tuff on that 300 lb'er. That is a great day out my friend, well done.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 11:03:18 am »

Great action shots and great dog work.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 12:13:14 pm »

Dean tell me you got some video of Tuff on that 300 lb'er. That is a great day out my friend, well done.

Of course I did.    That big sucker sure had some torque to him but he was really trying to get away rather than do battle with the dog.     The giants that try to get away and keep pushing forward with all that strength and weight are the hardest to hold I think because the dog is constantly having to work and pull that head around rather than being able to use finess to hold a big boar and use its own weight and assault against him.        Tuff doesn't hold with the utmost finess his daddy does but Tuff was bred to tolerate a lot more torque and punishment than his daddy was.   I've seen his daddy make a complete fool of of big boars even pulling them down on their side after a swing and a miss by the boar using its own momentum against it.   Tuff is not on that level of clean holding and finess but it's still pretty rare that he will eat a punch that causes him to leak.     
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 12:14:24 pm »

Great action shots and great dog work.

Thanks
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 05:38:46 am »

Dang good hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up