April 29, 2024, 06:46:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shy versus skittish Cur  (Read 2900 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2019, 12:37:59 pm »

I went and picked up a couple of pups a year or so ago. Both parents were out of my dogs and both were top dogs.The owner told me he had not had time to fool with them as he was working a shutdown. I had to crawl all the way into the brooder to grab a couple of pups as they were trying to get as far away from me as possible. I spent a lot of time with them and the male came out of it but the female was always skittish. I can catch her but a stranger will never put his hands on her. I trained her to come to the tone or me if I called her. We made a hunt in the marsh and the dogs caught a hog about 400 yards in. My buddies got in there with a mud boat and had all the dogs caught but her. He called me and told me he could not catch her so I told him to get everybody out of the way and I was going to load her. When everybody was clear, I toned her and buddy, she hit the boat like a champ. God, I love a Garmin. Anyway, that is what I would do with your gyp if she has the potenital to make it as a hog dog.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: