March 28, 2024, 09:45:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9 more  (Read 1347 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2019, 03:03:07 pm »

Started out doing crop work.   Got 7 doing that.  Two were nice big toothy boars.    Got a picture of them in the trailer after the hunt were you can see their teeth.       At dawn I transitioned to the woods.   Caught another decent young boar right at dawn in the woods.     After getting him to trailer and taken care of, went to another spot I hadn't hit that night.   Dropped both dogs on the edge of a filed well after sun up by this time.   They run around almost emmediatly acting piggy.  They smell a couple spots and then take off in a pretty good lope clear to the other side of the field.   Wasn't anything in the field, it was just on old cut haygrazer field that was only a few inches tall and standing on the roof of my buggy I could see a long way to the other side of the field to the tree line.     Nothing was in the field yet the dogs were in catch mode headed out across there to the wood line.   They hit the woods and several hundred yards in finally brought the hunt to a close with a 1.2 mile find.    When I arrived they were hooked up on a nice fat sow.       Unable to put any more pigs in the front half of the catch trailer which leaves the back half available for me to put the next tied pig in and untie, I was forced to quite and head to the buying station and unload.    Was a lot of work getting that serious.  Usually I just play and enjoy the hunt but this time I challenged myself to put as many in the trailer as I could.     Was a pretty good payday.   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 03:41:27 pm »

That's  awesome man

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:06:10 pm »

You ever have 1 of the big ones stand up on you when you tie em up? Good deal sure like that big red dog.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 07:19:45 am »

You ever have 1 of the big ones stand up on you when you tie em up? Good deal sure like that big red dog.

I've been thrown off balance in years past but never had one  able to get up  while  I was on top of it tying it.           Not sure if that's what you ment though.         When I first started tying with soft rope I had some loosen the ropes and about get a leg freed by the time I got back but never lost one.    I learned different ways to tie the rope or ropes together or back to itself in order to prevent the pig from getting slack in the rope.          Once in a great while I'll get back to a pig and find its able to stand and tip toe around a couple steps.       
  Easiest and best way to tie and secure the ropes from getting slack is to use 2 short ropes instead of one twice as long.   I tie bottom front to top rear  with one rope then tie the other two with the other rope.   Then take the tailes of each rope and cinch them down tight and the together.    If ties this way they can not get any slack to their feet.     If I use just 1 rope to tie all 4 feet then tie the rope back to itself, some times they are able to get a little slack but not enough to mean much.   
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 10:26:23 am »

Nice hogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 09:00:46 am »