April 18, 2024, 09:22:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corn eater  (Read 1020 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2019, 09:42:02 am »

.     A buddy called me and told me he had a good boar on his feeder and to come run him off. We get there and dogs were rigging. I put Hillbilly down and he starts trailing off and I added Auburn and Charlie put in Boss. They trailed straight to the creek and bayed him in his bed. We get in there in about 15 minutes and turned Rambo and a green bulldog of mine. We heard the collision but the dogs missed. Rambo has a artery cut and it was pumping blood. We finally get it stopped and catch up to the race. After a hour I got Happy and Squaw in and they bayed after another hour. Went in and hog broke before we got there. I noticed Squaw was lagging behind and and eventually showing treed. Went in and got her and she has two busted ribs. After 3 1/2 hours they had a walking bay. We got in there and turned a dogs and my Rex pup loose. He hung that ear like a pro and that hog was flinging him everywhere but he was caught. A good 300# boar. I was stoked about Rex’s first hog in the woods. Not the hog I would have picked for his first hog but he passed with flying colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 11:43:31 am »

That's awesome cajun. For sure something to be proud of and sure is gratifying to catch those rough and wise ones. I sure hope your dogs recover fully. Looks like that corn was doing right by that rascal.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 11:46:42 am »

Nice hog and even better dog work Cajun. Them Plotts you hunt ain’t lacking on try or grit! Hope they heal up good.
-
Young Rex didn’t know any better.....he’s gonna be disappointed to learn they ain’t all that big! I bet he did make you proud! That’s awesome man. Love to hear about young dogs clicking.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:40:37 pm »

He sure did have his share of corn,and  very nice hog to catch for the first time ... is that the green bulldog you mentioned in the beginning?
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:33:43 am »

Yes. He has only caught in the pen and that was when he was about 6 months old on a 50-60# shoat.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2019, 07:20:35 pm »

You got lucky on Ol Rambo. Nice hog tho. Good showing for that young bulldog

RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog