April 26, 2024, 09:24:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let’s see them young dogs you are concentrating on for the 2020 season..  (Read 10898 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 10:46:27 am »

Gonna try this again, I posted here a few days ago but it looks like my post is gone. My two prospects right now came from Justin Corbell’s yard. Me and my buddy made a trip from SC down to East Texas to pick these two pups up. When I first got them I sprinkled out small bits of hog meat and let them find them. A few months ago I got a pig and put it in the pen with them to try and let them have some exposure. I messed up. The pig was bigger than it was supposed to be when I got it, but figured I’d try it anyways. It was too much for them and shook them up. So I’ve taken a step back and now I’m just letting them mature and not really messing with them so that I can build their confidence back. I’m hoping to get a really small pig soon to let them dominate it to rebuild their confidence. My dogs are short ranged because I walk hunt, I’m hoping to do more casting with these dogs if they prove out, so I don’t want to start them with my other dogs and end up teaching them to stay close. As far as the breeding goes, I’ll let Justin answer any questions because he’s obviously much more knowledgeable than me on their back ground. But the father is his Willie dog, heavy line bred BMC. The mother is his Sissy dog, 1/2 bird dog 1/2 BMC. Both parents are jam up dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: