April 24, 2024, 08:14:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf Hybrids  (Read 967 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2019, 07:00:26 pm »

Has anyone hunted with them or heard of anyone hunting with them? Every so often I’ll see something that sparks my interest on this topic. It seems like this would be a great cross for hunting pigs. I know that very high content wolf hybrids have had a lot of issues with handling and behavior. But presuming you had one that you could handle, I would think that they would naturally have a great nose with a fantastic drive and would have the size and build to be a very capable hunter. It seems that just a few of these dogs would be able take down pigs pretty easily, just like a pack of wolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:46:17 pm »

I read somewhere a German Shepherd was used guess any dog could do it . I was watching Nat Geo and they had a show on about the wild dogs of Africa them dogs would run the wheels off one haha I'd like to have one.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 08:26:53 pm »

I read somewhere a German Shepherd was used guess any dog could do it . I was watching Nat Geo and they had a show on about the wild dogs of Africa them dogs would run the wheels off one haha I'd like to have one.

My hunting buddy has a German Shepherd that he runs, still a young dog though. I think he’s kinda a mixed up dog based on his appearance, he doesn’t look like a true German Shepherd. But I’ve seen the documentaries about the wild dogs in Africa as well, they are truly gifted hunters!

Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 02:20:05 pm »

https://youtu.be/yCn9H4A7ZVY

Neat little short clip. Something about predators just fascinates me. It intrigues me how wolves are so much different to include their toes, their gait, their build, their characteristics, etc... I like to try and watch and examine them to see what makes them so successful. This video shows a failed hunt, but nonetheless wolves are great hunters as is evident by their survival whereas most dogs could not survive long without human help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: