March 29, 2024, 01:32:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hound vs cur  (Read 2727 times)
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 07:30:34 pm »

I like a hound cur cross all my dogs are about 3\4 hound they hunt out a few hundred yard still check in longer you sit the further they go sometimes you will have to go to them . I can still pull a quick hunt with them if I pick them up after they check in the 1st or 2nd time. Alot hound these days I've seen aren't any better than a good cur but when you find a good hound they are hard to beat but you better bring plenty of beer you may be there a while and they sound so good grinding out a cold trail.
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:06 am »

We've always been cur dog men. When were hog hunting, we are there to "catch" them , not "run" them all over the pasture with a bunch of useless noise Grin  That being said, every cur dog I have ever fed has had some hound bred into them, Redbone to be exact. Wink Lot's of different ways to produce pork though. Hunt 'um up boys

Catchin hogs cracker style
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 10:35:53 am »

We've always been cur dog men. When were hog hunting, we are there to "catch" them , not "run" them all over the pasture with a bunch of useless noise Grin  That being said, every cur dog I have ever fed has had some hound bred into them, Redbone to be exact. Wink Lot's of different ways to produce pork though. Hunt 'um up boys

Why redbone exactly? What’s the thoughts behind that?
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2020, 03:21:17 pm »

Why redbone exactly? What’s the thoughts behind that?
In our opinion, little less mouthy than others, little more streamlined, and real good in and around water. Plus, they was plenty of them around where I am from. Walker dogs were used some in lines North of us.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: