April 29, 2024, 02:59:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pride 31/22  (Read 1407 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2019, 10:56:01 am »

I’m now down to only 5 dogs after getting rid of a female, getting rid of pups, and losing Dum Dum and Thorn. This is how my feeding breaks down per day...

My Female pit x cur : 2 cups

Her 3/4 pit x 1/4 cur : 2 cups

My two cur pups from Justin : 4 cups

My male Ladner BMC : 3 cups

I change how much I feed based on how the dogs are looking. If they thin down from running hard I’ll bump it up. If it’s winter I’ll bump it up so they stay warm, and if it’s summer I’ll adjust feeding as needed to keep them in good running shape. I always feed pups/young dogs more. I had pups from the same litter as a friend, I poured the food to them and gave them good puppy food. He fed all of his dogs together so pups got to eat after grown dogs so they didn’t get as much. And they were on standard dog food. My pups were twice the size of his after a few months. Now with that being said once they hit about a year old they were all about the same. But I think pups need more food to properly grow, just like a child. I also like to give young dogs raw meat when I can because of the same reasons. I feel they need all the nutrients they can get.

Also when I adjust food I do it in half cup increments, that seems to work well with my dogs. And when I say a cup I’m talking about an actual measuring cup for cooking.

T-dog, do you change your protein/fat throughout the year or do you feed the same bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: