March 29, 2024, 10:23:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunt Swap  (Read 1112 times)
CalebKirkland
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »

A couple buddies and myself were talking the other day about trying to make a few out of state hunts in the near future. I figured I would post on here to see if any of y’all would be interested in swapping a hunt.

I have access to several thousand acres of Tombigbee and Blackwarrior River swamp land in south Alabama that is loaded with hogs. I would be interested in swapping hunt for hunt with someone with equal quality land in different states. I’m not interested in places with low hog numbers and low acreage. We hunt silent curs that are med-long range in no sign (cast dogs). We are really just looking to experience some different areas/terrain and meet some new hunters.

If this is something that you maybe interested in let me know and we can work out the details.

Millman
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »

This something I'm always interested in doing. Too bad we only live about 15minutes apart and hunt the same kind of areas. I guess you and I could swap hunts if nobody takes you up on it! Brair patch for brair patch! hahaha Good Luck! Maybe you can find somewhere to go between now and February 10 and March 15 and April 30 Wink
CalebKirkland
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 08:31:00 pm »

Looks like from the lack of interest we may have to just swap Bama hunt for Bama hunt. Lol
Stanton
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 07:27:03 am »

Nobody wants to come to Alabama to hunt
CalebKirkland
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:53 pm »

Apparently not!!!
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 10:16:15 am »

A couple buddies and myself were talking the other day about trying to make a few out of state hunts in the near future. I figured I would post on here to see if any of y’all would be interested in swapping a hunt.

I have access to several thousand acres of Tombigbee and Blackwarrior River swamp land in south Alabama that is loaded with hogs. I would be interested in swapping hunt for hunt with someone with equal quality land in different states. I’m not interested in places with low hog numbers and low acreage. We hunt silent curs that are med-long range in no sign (cast dogs). We are really just looking to experience some different areas/terrain and meet some new hunters.

If this is something that you maybe interested in let me know and we can work out the details.

Would love to do this but the problem is you state you are loaded with hogs so you would probably be disappointed coming down to SE AL, SW GA and North FL to hunt with us.  We average about 200 hogs a year but it is tough hunting and hard hunting, 2-4 days a week.  This last year we were low due to the damages to the woods from Hurricane Michael.   

Good luck with this.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 11:33:53 am »

Back when I was younger we met a lot of hog hunters thru the WBCA (Wild Boar Conservation Association. We swapped out a lot of hunts all thru the south. Now, I will not hardly travel outside of my area to hog hunt but I sure will travel to go run a bear. so anybody wants to make a hog hunt and trade out some good bear running, I am your man. Could care less about killing one. I've killed enough, just like to run them.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 02:32:29 pm »

Caleb pm me your number well dang sure take you up on the offer, I love traveling to hunt and testing my dogs in different places, between myself and the 3-4 guys that I’ll hunt with we have access to quite a bit of land, all within an hour or less of the house. Anything from hardwood swamp to timber company pines, the hog population is decent, not as plentiful as some places but plenty enough, depends on where we’re at as to how we hunt, boat, bike, rig, cast, track hunt, best time to come will be anytime in February we’ve got thousands of acres all within short drive, a pile of public land if you got a boat within an hour, and several MS WMAs also within the area...
CalebKirkland
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 07:19:14 am »

Pm sent to you Goose
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: