April 28, 2024, 12:12:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boats  (Read 1608 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2020, 04:08:37 pm »

Thanks Cajun, that basically cancels out the 17 foot for me. I don’t know anyone running anything bigger than a 16ft so wasn’t sure how it would do. My main concern would be turning around and maneuvering in tight stuff. The river is just how I’m getting to the hunting spots. The few people around here that hunt the river hunt the river itself and the banks. My mentor kills more pigs than anyone in that area and it’s because he actually goes back in the guts and creeks and gets away from the main river and gets to where the pigs aren’t pressured.

I originally was looking at the godevil 1636 but after using my buddies boat yesterday it was way too skinny to be comfortable. I want something more stable, if I have a strong boat I wouldn’t mind it being wider because I would just go slow and plow through the tighter stuff. Rubbing up against logs and over them won’t bother me. I want something with a decent sized platform on the front to clip the dogs to as well. The dog boxes are neat, I haven’t seen them like that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: