April 18, 2024, 01:43:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Past few days  (Read 409 times)
haakdt
Strike Dog

Huntington tx. 936-208-9872

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:34:15 pm »

Made a round 2 days ago and this morning ended up with 4 in total getting a good start to the year nothing fancy but these dogs are starting off right for sure.
Went in my buddy’s lease dumped dogs in the rain the got a group of sows and pigs on their feet and ran them for a few hours while we sat around watching them on the garmin. Got bored and started walking in there direction a little looked up and noticed them coming straight for us so we just stopped and waited my sissy gyp and ol hound ran the pigs right to us and we caught and tied 2 of them about 10 yards apart. Tied everything up except my buddy’s male dog because he done picked up a track and left we drove around and picked him up a few miles later and went to the house as the rain was picking up more.

Got a call from my buddy last night saying he wanted to make a round this morning we got a late start again. Pulled into the lease about 11:30 with a slight rain and found a good track from early this morning dumped my hound dog , jonesy dog, and a pup out they all 3 left out to about 500 and split wasn’t long they was set down so we headed to them. Hound had a little sow on the edge of a slough solo walked in to about 30 and let kilo give her a headache, got her tied and walked over the 75 yards to jonesy and the pup they had a little bigger sow bayed let kilo go and rang her ears again. All in all a dang good day 2 hogs tied and headed to the house in about an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you can't hang with the big dogs then stay outta the street"
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:57:25 am »

Yeah,,, it wont hurt my feelings if the rain quits til August....  lol.....keep stacking em up...

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 09:43:52 am »

Good quick hunt for them

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
haakdt
Strike Dog

Huntington tx. 936-208-9872

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 01:27:29 pm »

Yeah,,, it wont hurt my feelings if the rain quits til August....  lol.....keep stacking em up...
Yes sir for sure we have got enough water to hold us over for a while

"If you can't hang with the big dogs then stay outta the street"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: