March 28, 2024, 06:58:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday night  (Read 833 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:28 am »

This past Saturday I hit up this pretty little lady I've been seeing, told her to let me take her hog hunting. she's never hunted at all, of any kind to my knowledge. She had made the comment about wanting to go and with her headed back to school as of this morning, I figure what the heck.
   We loaded Pearl and Sketch and headed out, I had a pretty good idea of where the hogs were so we started on the other side of the place cause I wanted her to get to see the process and how it all works. Explained to her how the Garmin stuff works and how the dogs do what they do and what it means when they do certain things. She thought it was neat stuff.
   We make a big loop around towards the other side of the place, getting towards where I figured a hog would be. Dogs stick their nose in the ground make a few fast loops and line out. 200-3,4,5, they get out to 600. She's watching the Garmin and at this point I thought they were just running a road. 700,750 and shes asking how I know if they get a hog, I took the Garmin and showed her the map and realized they weren't running the road, they had a track lined out. They got to 800 and started to loop, I told her they were pretty close to a hog. No sooner Garmin goes off they're treed at 810.
 We go around to them, of course they're in the thickest part of the ranch. But they're only 60 yards off the road, shouldnt be that bad, I get lights and gun and we start easing in. As we starting easing in that hog starts easing on too. We chased a walking Bay for probably 200 yards before the hog finally broke and crossed a road and they shut her back down. Half an hour later we are back at the truck and driving back around the them. Get there, again 50-60 yards off the road in the worst of it. We ease on again, she breaks one time and the gyps finally decided they've had enough of her walking off and went to lighting her ass up. We got close, I made sure Jenn knew to stay behind me, we get up on em and watch them Bay for just a minute and then I laid her over.
Decent sow hog. I was really proud of them gyps. They did what they're supposed to do, leave, go get bayed and do whatever they got to stay that way.
 And Jenn thinks she's ready to get behind the gun next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:05:24 am »

That’s a good start for her man.  Congrats to y’all.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:57 am »

Glad it went well slim.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 12:45:25 pm »

Good first hunt

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:13 am »

Thanks guys. We had a good time. Trying to keep these gyps tuned up, we’re fixing to make a run at a tournament or 2. Thomas I believe we will be seeing you at one. Don’t be a stranger

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 09:06:36 am »

I probably won't be in it but I'm sure I'll be at the weigh in to see how everyone does. Good luck to y'all.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 10:31:46 am »

Sounds like a good hunt! Awesome experience for her I’m sure

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
CutNShootHD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 10:39:16 am »

Great story!! Sounds like you got her hooked on hogs!!!
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 06:16:42 am »

Good hunt

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 06:56:20 pm »

Ur in trouble now I showed mine what a hog dog is and ended up married and her telling me what the hell to do and it all started with that first hog hunt hahaha them ol dogs turned out pretty dang sold slim good bounce back from ol kate

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: