April 24, 2024, 12:53:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold  (Read 348 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:29:12 am »

Did a breeding for myself and ended up with a 15 pup litter.    There are a few females  available.  $500 each.  Located in North central Texas around the Graham and Jacksboro area.     About 1 hour west of Fort Worth.      
  Boar hounds purpose is an all around stand alone dog.   Finder holder / finder lugger dogs.       Both parents were/are pig dogs and both belong to me.     Sir was 32 inches tall and 120 pounds and was approx 10 years old when he got sick and died a few weeks after the breeding took place.     Mother is 28 inches tall and 90 pounds.      Sir was hardest dog I've ever seen or had and most natural pig dog I've ever had the privilege of owning.         Mother is 1 of two of my main dogs.     She is a short range hunter which is fairly unusual for a boar hound. More athletic and faster than most of her kind.   Her prey drive and mentality is similar to that of a stag which again is unusual for such a breed.      First time for this breeding so no performance  information on older siblings.        I usually will start a dog like this at around 11 months old letting it hunt 1 on 1 with an experienced 1 out hard RCD.       Usually see them catching their own at around 14 to 15 months old but are lugging with lead dog after seeing a few catches.        They won't be fully mature till they are around 20 months old.         Usually a boar hound is similar in hardness to a pit and can be to hard for their own good in the summer if they are long range hunters and allowed to hunt that time of year.  I hunt them year round though.  A big dog takes longer to mentally and physically mature than a smaller dog.   An 11 month old pit will slam a big boar but an 11 month old big dog like this usually won't untill it is 6 or 8 months older.      So when the yearling goes to lugging but isnt suicidal hard yet, just understand that an 11 month old pit is a lot more physically and mentally mature at that age than the big breeds such as this.            
         Can these dogs double as a lead in catch dog?  Yes absolutly but if you have one that's OCD pig crazy, that son of a ------ will drag you down, bounce you off trees, etc and be a nightmare to walk in on a lead.   Males are typically more like this than females and are typically harder.      I typically just crop hunt them in the hot summer nights so I can get to them quickly but keep in mind these are finder holders and will hit the woods and follow their nose to pigs if they can smell pig.   So crop hunting them is likely to also end up with long range catches especially if you have a long range hunter your casting into empty crops.      
    Email is deanross79@hotmail.com.    call or text is preferred (940) 634-0811.  Dean is my name.
The pups are not registered but are not in any way crossed to anything outside their own breed    
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 06:00:26 pm by Black Streak » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: