April 19, 2024, 07:25:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog yard in the woods  (Read 1325 times)
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:46:36 pm »

I currently have 4 individual pens and 1 chain spot so I can separate them when needed for feeding while i clean or when gyps come in heat everything is on lock down, but when those pens are open they are loose on a 1/4 ace fenced. Thankfully my dogs have the pack order established so they dont need to be isolated ( several times in the past this would not have worked) but it is super convenient and im loving it. This is new for me, only had this set up for 6 mo. and its the best of both worlds. Defiantly have the option of kenneling alone when needed. And if I have an unfriendly dog they will stay on lock down in the 10x10. But  I prop the kennel doors open so they always have access to the kennels.

Only tip I have is the cheapest roof ive found that actually lasts through years of wind storms etc is trampoline mats withe the springs. They give great shade and some weather block and never break like the tarps and cost way less than any other quality roofing ive seen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: