April 26, 2024, 08:49:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog yard in the woods  (Read 1353 times)
YELLOWBLACKMASK
Lord of the Hogs

Keep em Straight and Keep em Yeller

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:03:59 pm »

I have my setup half and half. I keep 4 individual ground pens 20x100 wire ground pens. 1 house per pen but large enough to shelter 3-4 dogs each. Each pen has electric wire around bottom parameter. About 1 foot off ground and 6-8 inches away from wire. Once they get popped a few times they steer clear of ever trying to dig or crawl out.

For The hard core moles that dig 3 ft out and under I will put a shock collar and burn the hair off em as soon as a toe hits dirt with criminal intent!

I also keep a set of off the ground kennels for in season gyps or injured dogs for full sanitary environments.

The large kennels are great due to low maintenance on stools due to weather typically cleans the yard for you.

As far as pairing dogs to minimize fighting I typically pair dogs that commonly get along and always keep the dominant dogs separate to break up the Alfa syndrome.

Has worked for 30+ years with minimal issues. But I recommend putting together a setup that compliments your style and pack of dogs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: