April 16, 2024, 06:29:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CUT GEAR FOR YOUR CATCHDOGS?  (Read 2204 times)
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 12:30:49 pm »

I have been running the hardcore Aussie speed suit on one of my dogs recently and really like it. I run Aussie style finder holder type dogs and does exactly as described. Light weight, easy to move in. Can hit too speed like he's not wearing one. I'm really liking it. Dog is a wolfhound/staghound x cane corso/pit bull crossed dog. 100# built like a muscular running hound. I did get the leg flaps just to keep some leg cuts off his long legs and they do not hinder movement at all.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 02:19:16 pm »

Old man that's exactly what we wound up doing on one vest.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 03:40:16 pm »

Seems like the vests with large enough leg holes to not hinder stride may need flaps to keep from getting hit in the edge of the chest, leg and lower shoulder, if a dog has to go straight head on due to circumstance some times a hog meets him and may get under him a little putting his teeth in that vicinity, and even then they may get under the flap.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2020, 10:17:38 am »

Well thank everyone for all the input, opinions, and ideas. I think I am going to try the Hard Core SS Speed Suit in the short not bikini version with the leg flaps and chin flap, and a super flex collar attached. I like the cut resistance and flexibility of the kevlar without the "plates" plus kevlar doesn't hold much water and they are limber enough you can wad them up in a ball,  and the larger leg holes should help with mobility. The bikini version is cut almost identical to the Masons Way vest , I wanted the little bit of extra length of the short version. The short version is the identical length I had my old vest cut to  when I ordered it 6 or 7 yrs ago and so far have not had Dogo cut behind it in fact he has only been cut twice in it once about mid way up his front leg and once stuck under the chin and on into the mouth and tongue attachment. I'll know for sure in a year or two if it was a good call or not haha. Maybe Ol'Grip will survive. Thanks again for all the help.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 06:55:30 pm »

Post some pictures once you get it! I’m sure you’ll like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2020, 07:19:09 pm »

I can't post pics, don't have cell phone or tapatalk, nor photo bucket account tinypic used to work but it quit too.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 08:02:25 pm »

don't have cell phone

Living life the right way! LOL
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 08:03:28 pm »

99% of the time I want to throw mine off a bridge!
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2020, 09:48:52 pm »

Yeah, I am a tech dinosaur and like to be out of touch. Many people's cell phone is their most important property, couldn't function without them, rather text than talk to someone, to me it seems unnatural. I tell the younger fellows I occasionally hunt with to turn the damn things off while we are hunting, can't hear the dogs for them talking on the phone, if there was something that important going on should've stayed home.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2020, 10:03:58 pm »

Cell phones also cause people to be rude and disrespectful, I'm done if I am talking to someone and their cell phone rings and they quit our conversation and answer the phone, or if we're talking on the phone and they say hang on a minute and click over, that is rude and disrespectful. We do have call waiting on our home phone it is just part of the package but if I am talking to someone I don't click over or cut the conversation short or even look to see who is calling but when we hang up I look to see who called and call them back. Just a cranky Old Man I guess.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 07:41:43 am »

Just a cranky Old Man I guess.

Same boat LOL Hunted with guys that telling everyone on facebook that you are hunting is more important than the actual hunting. If I am hunting I leave it off at my camp or in the truck, doesnt work anyway. I don't need pictures. I walk in the door at home it goes off. fishing it is off in a bag in the boat. I am not that important!

Back to the topic

I think a building with no vest is the best. But it has to catch the right way. I always vest them now though. They used to make a vest called Razorback there in Texas and they made some of the best in my opinion. I abused them to they fell apart. I think they were a simple kevlar vest. I dont think they are around anymore though. I have used some others and dont really like them. I wont post the name on the negative ones.

Recently I got the defender bikini vest from ugly dog and had them removed the extra sewed in plates. Seems light and real flexible and big legs holes for movement. I really
like it so far and they worked with me in modifying it. Good people to deal with.

I have never run anything thicker than a bay type vest. The curdogs are pretty rough so a bulldog has a pretty easy job around here.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: