April 25, 2024, 08:56:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To many hunters and no respect  (Read 587 times)
jmurphy
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2020, 09:03:13 pm »

I’ve been hunting hogs almost 30 years. The last 20 years I’ve had my own line of dogs. I’ve been responsible for providing dogs for folks who didn’t have dogs or the ones that they had weren’t gonna make the cut. I’ve had folks ask to hunt with me and reluctantly I let them go and next thing you know there they are hunting your places. I’ve given away 5 dogs in the last month or so just because I’m sick and tired of folks and their disrespect. Some people don’t join clubs they just hunt where they want to. I never thought I would quit but I can’t keep feeding dogs while working for a living and other people don’t. Good luck to all of the honest hunters.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 10:17:59 pm »

Ethics and respect are all but gone for sure. I too love the sport, love my dogs, and I love meeting and hunting with new folks all the time. I completely understand your frustrations. I get after folks around here every now and then about hunting where they shouldn't, posting damaging pictures, or not taking care of their dogs. All these things affect me and what I do. Hunting wherever whenever is a problem because those types don't respect the property owners and leave trash and ruts on the places, cut fences and leave gates open, shoot cows or deer, or run cows through fences. Not to mention possibly upset cattle that might be gonna get worked the next day or run hogs that me or whoever was planning on hunting the next day. The pictures on social media makes me mad too. Dead or cut up dogs should never be posted. All that is is ammo for the tree huggers and it plants a bad vision in the mind of those that are a straddle of the fence because they are. ignorant about our sport. If you want to give a tribute to a good dog that's fine but sensationalize it with graphic gory details. Post a picture of the dog when he was happy and healthy. Running around town with skinny, wormy, flea infested dogs that are cut all up is just dumb. Again it puts a negative light on the sport and all hunters. I too would do pretty much anything to help other hunters. All.i expect is respect. We had the same dog stolen out of the woods twice. It don't make sense. Don't let the fad, wants be hunters push you out. Put it on their butts. When you know they are doing wrong, put the game warden in their life. Talk to your land owners and give them a heads up. I've done it I ain't gonna lie. Im.not gonna let some yahoo ruin places for me that I've been hunting for years and years. My land owners were all about keeping them off their places too. Those type people aren't usually very popular with other hunters either because they are probably doing it to more than just you. You gotta protect you and yours.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 10:10:27 pm »

Don’t get out because of a few bad apples. My mentor just posted on FB about people trespassing off our river and a warning not to come back. Land owner commented on there and said there’s nothing 15 miles north of the boat landing that they can hunt and not be poaching. They have live cameras setup and landowners have figured out who it is. I know the two people doing it. They’ve posted pictures and screwed themselves.

It’s a shame so many people are shady and quick to wrong another over a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: