March 29, 2024, 02:59:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paste wormer  (Read 570 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2020, 07:12:03 am »

When I was using it, I went through a little time when I had a couple dogs that fell off and looked bad as well as not feeling good. After talking to a VERY knowledgeable dog man, he kept telling me it thought it was worms. I told him it couldn't be because I worm religiously. He of course asked what with and I told him the horse wormer. He said he didn't know then that he'd take them to a vet so I did. Both dogs were wormy  as all get out. I told the vet I couldn't understand why  because I'm a stickler about worming and what i use. He said that that was likely the problem along with the time of year. Just like you mentioned, most tubes of horse wormer are for a 1250# horse or a couple horses. The problem isn't if the wormer is actually in the tube but where. The wormer is made in bulk and then put in the tube. There's no way that it can be mixed perfectly even. It doesn't matter with the horse because he's getting the entire tube or atleast half of it if he's 625#. But because a 50# dog is getting so much less, it could actually get a dose that is mainly filler and not much wormer in the material for that small of dosage. With the dogs I had the problem with, I had used the same tube more than once because I didn't have but a few dogs then. So those couple dogs got a couple of weak doses in prime time of the year for worms. He checked one of my other dogs that was healthy just out of curiosity and it was clean. That was my experience and it made sense to me when he explained it like that to me. I don't use it anymore and haven't had trouble since. If you could shake it up like with the liquids it would be great because its sure enough easier and cleaner to work with most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: