March 28, 2024, 08:11:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social distancing was a problem  (Read 1504 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2020, 04:14:24 pm »

My nephew, my youngest boy, and my buddy Jamarcus made a run this morning. We cast Raylynn and Ava and Jamarcus' dog and they were bayed in about 5 or 10 minutes at about 5 or 6 hundred yards. We got there and caught a small boar about 120ish and they left again before we got the bulldogs off. The next hog had his track shows on. They went 900 yds then back about 650 yds the opposite side of us, then 1.4 east and as we were headed to the highway to drive around to them, they came all the way back and then turned north for a mile. We got to within 800 yes and they split bayed. Raylynn by herself and Ava and his dog together. I went to Raylynn and I'm pretty sure she killed a shoat, all signs suggested that. I caught her and by them.the other 2 were bayed at 1.2 from us. So we drove around by road and they were bayed on the river for about an hour and a half by the time we got to them. When we got to.the bay, we realized that the hogs were practicing social distancing. There were 20+ hogs and they were all spread out in about a 15 or 20 yard radius. When I sent the bulldog, he missed. It was one of those moments when you run into somebody making a corner because you don't know they are there type deals. So then all the hogs bunched and had a bulldog catching party. I guess they were mad because he was closer than 6ft. We wound up with 2 shoats out of the deal and a pretty badly cut bulldog. That's about my luck. But the dogs all did good and we had a good time so it was worth doing.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:10:39 pm »

Sounds like a hell of a race, and a crazy finish.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:54:28 pm »

Yup them dogs sure get beat when 5he hogs rally on em.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 09:23:59 pm »

Dang it man, was that Blake who got cut?
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 06:46:20 am »

No it was Jamarcus' catch dog. The way things were and the way it all happened, we don't know when he got cut or which hog did it. After the battle royal broke up he didn't have a hog caught and gave chase. Him and Jamarcus' other dog had a shoat caught. That's when he saw he was cut.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 09:20:48 pm »

Good hunt. Would you send some of those hogs that like to rally over this way. These hogs over here have forgot how to do that.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:07 pm »

Cajun, I have been hunting with Thomas since 07 I believe and for the first time I had a rally check me up. T sent the bulldog into a roaring rally and a young fella and I ran in from the other side of the thicket, when we got about 50 feet away about 1500# of hogs run at us for a few feet. Both of us was lookin for a suitable tree. They punked the bulldog before they broke, he didn't catch a thing. There is no shortage of hogs  in that area. This happened in January.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 08:23:46 pm »

Sometimes on rallied hogs if you have a rope and walk in real close, attach the rope to the catchdog's vest  before you send him then reel him and the hog to you and catch several before they break, works better if they are bayed where it's thick and fairly open around them and they don't squeal, that rope is handy for hogs in the water the same way, keep you dry in cold weather haha.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 08:28:17 pm »

Lol old man believe it or not we have fished a few. I've never tried it with a rally of hogs but I sure have in water.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: