March 29, 2024, 06:43:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hospital trip  (Read 727 times)
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:05:41 am »

We made a round this weekend and caught a few.  Perfect hunt until a little buddy of my sons decided to get snake bit.    Water moccasin I imagine.  It got him on the ankle when we caught the boar hog in a small creek.  He took his boots off so they didn’t get wet.   I can imagine he won’t do that again and settle for wet feet. Lol.  He’s laid up in hospital eating ice cream and he’s got the week off so he said he’s good with it.  Hehe. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:11:37 am »

Hate to hear that. They are out for sure.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:15:11 am »

Yeah I hope he's back in the woods soon. We killed one last week ourselves. My buddy and his bulldog almost stepped right on it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 11:13:38 pm »

Man they’re all over the place in the swamps up here. I rarely see any snake but a water moccasin. Couple weeks ago I killed a baby, cut his head off with my hedge trimmers out at a property while cleaning up a trail. Then 2 days later I almost got struck by a big one 20ft from where I killed the baby. Then to top all that off on Friday night my hunting partner Zach stepped on a baby, I cut his head off. Then 5 minutes later he stepped all the way over an adult moccasin that he didn’t see. Andddd then I killed another one today. Lol they are everywhere right now. Those suckers never fail to make me nervous

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:48 pm »

Man they’re all over the place in the swamps up here. I rarely see any snake but a water moccasin. Couple weeks ago I killed a baby, cut his head off with my hedge trimmers out at a property while cleaning up a trail. Then 2 days later I almost got struck by a big one 20ft from where I killed the baby. Then to top all that off on Friday night my hunting partner Zach stepped on a baby, I cut his head off. Then 5 minutes later he stepped all the way over an adult moccasin that he didn’t see. Andddd then I killed another one today. Lol they are everywhere right now. Those suckers never fail to make me nervous

I’d be buying mothballs by the 5 gallon bucket loads, I have a big pond on my place and my dog yard is on the north side of it, knock on wood I’ve never had a dog on a chain get bit but lost one heck of a bulldog gyp off of our late Ch Kodiak male, only one to make it off that particular cross, after that I throw mothballs out in between my dogs and the pond several times each year, and between my place, my cousins, and my parents places there are 4 more ponds and I do the same just for safe measure bc my kid is attracted to water like a fish is and always finds an excuse to get in no matter how cold or what time of year, Austesus I’d go buy a box a just spread them out sparsely along the trails you frequently use, it’s crazy that here in the swamp you’ll see some but not nearly as many as we do around the farms, I’m guessing bc of the abundance of grains there’s an abundance of rodents, and where there’s plenty of rodents the snakes have a never ending buffet...
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 11:38:39 am »

That’s not a bad idea goose. I’ve never seen one around the house, but I primarily hunt around the river and the swamp so I see them a lot while hunting. The property I was cutting trails through is my deer property, only 170 acres. Just recently I had some hogs show up and most of the property is too thick to walk through, so I’ve been busting butt with my hedge trimmers to cut walking trails through the briars and all the thick stuff. I’m doing it so that I can take puppies out there to get them swimming the creeks and around hogs before I take them on bigger hunts out to the river. There’s a big duck pond and a beaver pond on the property as well as a big creek, so there’s lots of snakes around there.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 07:05:53 pm »

Sounds like good hunt till snake bite I sure hate snakes hope he came out ok

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: