March 28, 2024, 09:01:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow morn wh good results  (Read 562 times)
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2020, 10:11:45 am »

Started off yesterday morn wh couple of my buddy’s(Ronald Garret’s) dogs on the ground and ol Cash eased out and showed treed at 320yds but couldn’t hear him due to a big compressor running on a location. Eased towards him and finally could hear him and Jett baying so we sent cds but wh luck it would break. Gathered cds back up and walked anthr 300yds to where bay was now. Sent cds and had a caught hog.

Continued hunting the lease we were on but never found anything else. Loaded up dogs and buggies and headed to another place just down the road. Wasn’t seeing much fresh there when we all of a sudden Ronald’s samurai tire went outta site!!! Ol pipeline had a soft spot in it. Spent lil time winching it out then discussed what we’d try next. Decided to hunt Cash and Jett ahead of the buggies up through a pretty good bottom and if nothing there we’d just call it a day. As we were riding up through there we saw a real good track walking that road and noticed Cash and Jett plus a pup of mine were getting on ahead. Got to a pipeline intersection and my pup came back and about same time Cash and Jett struck the hog. Sent few young dogs to em but by then they were getting on out there. Got to bout 800yds and showed treed. We got close and bay broke and went another 6-700yds. Got to em this time and had hog in middle of a big pond. Of course no boats around so Ronald and my other 2 buddies, Coleton and Charlie called off there dogs. Ronald hollered at me to go around to other bank so whichever way hog came out we’d catch him. After about 10-15 minutes of getting dogs off of him, he decided to swim out. By then Coleton was with me and my son, Jace, and hog was coming towards our bank. I had Jack and Jenny(pup outta Jett) awaiting his arrival. They couldn’t see him till he got in the woods. Once he came outta the water we realized just how big this hog was!!! They went to baying and I sent my back up cd, Remi, and he stuck to him like glue!!!! We had our hands on him within seconds!!  Was a great end to a slow day!

Hog was marked but not a barr. He was a solid 280# possibly bigger. Ol Remi earned his feed today!

Lake Haven Kennels
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:10:07 am »

Yeah man that was a good one.  Heck of a hunt.  At least y’all stayed wet and cool.  Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 01:10:32 pm »

Sounds like a good hunt to me. two good hogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 01:21:18 pm »

Did he have any color to him like a list or a huge frame? Just wondering why they didn’t Barr him, they wanted him to breed for some reason!
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 02:18:51 pm »

He was mostly black with some tan trim. He would’ve been a good un to barr and relocate but landowner requires us to kill all hogs we catch on this place.

Lake Haven Kennels
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:09:51 pm »

Good hogs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 07:53:08 pm »

That’s a darn nice hog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: