March 28, 2024, 10:49:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't take the country out of'em pfffff  (Read 690 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:11:10 pm »

My youngest has been on me to make a round so just he and were gonna go this morning. Well then my boss lady and her daughter and her daughters step sister wanted to go too. So Slayde (my youngest) said ok they could go. We pried them out of bed this morning and it started off like a bunch of ol' growly  dogs when we got loaded in the truck. Nobody got bit but all their hackles were up lol. We cast the dogs and after a couple good rounds Ava and Mojo were  bayed. We get there (5 or 600yds) and by then Hank was there too so all 3 were singing. I couldn't hear the music for all the background noise and I felt like I was dragging them along. Boss lady was raised in the country but she is an office working city girl now fo sho! Between the 3 of them uh and ahhing it sounded like a symphony. They would pinch a briar and do the limbo around or under or over it. Needless to.say it took a minute to get there. Somewhere less than 75 yds we had to go down a steep and brushy dry creek bank. They asked " we gotta go down that?!!!"  Of course I said yes! I sent Blade and he was caught in a pretty ridiculous spot. We stuck it and took a couple pictures. Ava and Mojo were bayed again. We missed him twice because of what he held up in. After the second miss it was about 2 hrs before Ava finally bayed him again but she did. Me and Slayde went to them and caught him while the crew sat and waited at the fence where we left them. We called it a hunt from there. All they could think about was food and drinks lol. All in all it was a good hunt and the dogs all did real good I thought. Fun with good company I found out  for sure, the old saying you can take the boy/girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy/girl is wrong wrong wrong.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »

Couple pics I forgot to include

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 05:44:33 pm »

Sounds like some good dog work. I know what you mean on dragging em along sometimes. Glad my kiddos getting older but they youngest we still gotta help get through those ol saw briars. Nothing like spending time with the family though. Those kids smile says it all!!

Lake Haven Kennels
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 01:13:07 pm »

yeah,, they way to clean to be hog doggin man,,, LOL..  sounds like the dogs did a fine job on those too..

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 01:33:55 pm »

The boss lady did mention those briars, lol!
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 07:10:41 pm »

Sounds like good hunt with some good dog work

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:36 pm »

T dog, You are a braver man then me. lol  Good dog work sticking to the hog.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 07:50:09 pm »

Sounds like a real good hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: