April 18, 2024, 04:23:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It’s officially personal.  (Read 434 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2020, 12:02:49 am »

Well. We met ole flop ears again tonight. We were lacking dog power outside of sketch last year and she gave him all he wanted last year. First time we hit him had I had my gun in my hand he would have never got to run a second time. He crossed a high road coming out of the grain 10 yards in front of me. We call him flop ears cause that night he sure looked like a big kink eared half Duroc hog. He runs the same distinct path, Spends about 20-30 minutes circling in the grain crosses out and beats us to a spot in a high fence about 2 miles from where we always hit him in the grain. Sketch went at him 4 or 5 times last year. The last time we hit him at day break and got him turned. He crossed 3 fields the opposite direction of his normal route and bayed with a group 3 hours later and rough dogs picked off the wrong hogs.

3 months ago I’d have had his head tonight but after losing pearl and boo, and giving rocky to a buddy, I’m back to square one. Regardless. It’s has become personal and we are on a mission for the rest of the season to put this big sorry running hog on a tailgate .
Tonight Seth wasn’t along with rocky and sketches burnt up front a sure enough hard last 10 days of hunting, but this hog got another thing coming the day we get them 2 together behind him with fresh legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:47:31 am »

Like they say, he didn't get big by being stupid! You'll get him I have no doubt. Good luck bud

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: