March 28, 2024, 10:22:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? on tree tie outs  (Read 970 times)
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2020, 04:28:01 pm »

I am trying to purchase (not sure the name) the set up where a cable goes bw two trees, with a stopper on each end, to prevent the smaller cable thats on the dog attatched to the long cable stopping the dog from getting tangled around the tree.

Any advice is much appreciated on how to buy this set up.

kind of like a tie out/dog run
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 06:41:23 pm »

Cheaper and better quality to buy components for a ‘cable run’ separately at a big box store like Lowe’s or homedepot than buying them specifically in a kit geared toward the application. All you need is the legnth of cable and gauge you feel apportioned for the dog. Two crips one for each end at the trees. And a pulley to run on the cable size you buy. I have attached a chain on a swivels to the pulley that is long enough for them to run and get in house and put a crip far enough from the trees so the chain will
Not be able to wrap around it
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:38 pm »

Buy four crimps. Use one in each end for cable to cable around tree. Get it good and tight with four wheeler or come along. And use the other two crimps to stop pulley at desired distance from tree dependent on liter chain legnth
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 06:53:02 pm »

I am trying to purchase (not sure the name) the set up where a cable goes bw two trees, with a stopper on each end, to prevent the smaller cable thats on the dog attatched to the long cable stopping the dog from getting tangled around the tree.

Any advice is much appreciated on how to buy this set up.

kind of like a tie out/dog run

https://ruffenuffonline.com/

He is on here somewhere, I dont known how to find people but I need to get in touch with him myself.

Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 07:25:24 pm »

You can also put a legnth of chain tight around each tree and attach a turn buckle to each chain and crip your cable around the toe ends of turnbuckles and tighten those up and use crimp on each end to stop pulley at desired distance on each end as a pulley stop.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 12:13:21 am »

Semmes the chain and turn buckle is what I did and I like it. Lock tight is good to use too. It will keep your turn buckles from backing off.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 03:28:35 pm »

I had a couple overhead cable runs years ago until I had to go out in the dark one night and the dog come running and snapped that chain upside my head and knocked my glasses off and had me seeing stars. I tore them suckers out.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 10:41:33 am »

A bulldog guy on here had a real nice set up...I think it was Milesman.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 01:35:26 pm »

Thank you all
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 02:35:29 pm »

What WOW said about the head high runner is true lol. I built 2 that are about mid thigh to waste high. I really like them. They are high enough that the chains don't drag and mound up all the dirt down the center of the run and low enough that I can step over them and mow under them.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: