March 28, 2024, 07:15:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last couple hunts  (Read 894 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2020, 06:49:36 pm »

Well I have been put up due to Turkey season at the club and the state shutting down the wma due to covid.Finally able to hunt again.First night Took Cypress on her first hunt after being put up for 6+ months to get pups off her.I brought her and Hambone and my buddy brought his 2 plotts.We went to a big head where there's a boar I have named Ike that I been after for a couple yrs.He turned in from the west side and I turned in from the east his dogs jumped and ran the hog right into Hambone and Cypress they all came by me 100yds in the woods and I heard the hog running I thought for sure it was Ike.The hog left the head and took them on a 7.62 mile race through the marsh and finally bayed 200yds from where they jumped.We sent Dozer and Bubba and she started squealing I thought dangit Ike ain't squealing.Ended up being a big sow that dang sure ran like a big boar.Cypress was dang sure stove up after her first run back out but she led the race the whole time all 4 dogs made the entire race though.

Went back this mornin and brought Hambone and His son Copper it was Coppers first time on an airboat only his 3rd or 4th hunt.My buddy brought a few plotts.Hambone winded some hogs off the boat at daybreak and bayed a big sow on the way into the bay I saw a 50lber running into a huge sawgrass pond they went in there and killed it I reckon cause I wasn't wading in there after a shoat.Picked up and made a move Hambone winded another group and we caught 3 out of it 2 boars and a sow.Didn't get pics of all the hogs cause it was a bit fast paced to say the least.Copper did good on his first airboat hunt he was on 3 of the hogs.Sure was happy to be back in the woods.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:56:26 pm »

That's a good way to get back at it!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 12:08:00 am »

Dang that's hard on a ole gal. But, a performance like that reminds you of why you took all that time to breed her. Glad you're back at. I'm just glad you didn't say those pups out her found, bayed, and caught Ike. I was gonna feel bad about my pot lickers, lol.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 04:41:25 am »

Thanks yall.T dog they aint findin and bayin boar hogs yet but you better watch out if you a Pug dog,lizard,turtle or a shoe.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:05 am »

Lol. I'll bet that's right

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:59:44 pm »

Awesome hunt! Looks like the little man enjoyed it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:59:14 pm »

Get done catching all them down there come help me catch these up here I can’t catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 03:56:43 pm »

Sounds like a real nice hunt and cypress must be a heck of a dog to run a race like that after that layoff. Glad your pup is clicking too.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: