March 28, 2024, 03:42:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Before the storm  (Read 1088 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2020, 10:06:00 am »

Hit a couple grain fields last night Right round dark. Nothing was doing. We knew the weather was coming in fast and we wanted to get the guy and his son we had with us on some hogs, so we shag ass back across town to the trinity since we’ve been killing hogs in there steady all year. Put dogs out, check one spot, nothing, get back towards another good spot and dogs get gone. Rocky and sketch split and sketch end up bayed in a group at 450. Rocky gets there, they set up and we head to them. 

Roll out of the truck and start walking that way and A decent hog and a bunch of shoats broke the brush line and crossed about a 20 yard opening and bayed against the next Mott. I told Seth to shoot that bigger sow. He smoked her and dogs rolled out. We walk up to the hog the realize it’s not a sow, but a boar hog, and a dang stud at that, called him 200 or so. About the time we get the father and son a picture rocky loops back around and catches a shoat that was hiding in the Mott right next to us.

We gathered dogs back up, regrouped and tried to see if we could make one more loop and if they could pick up a sow or something, but by the time they started really pushing a track we were too close to property lines and the weather was rolling in fast. So we headed to load hogs and dogs. That boar hog got a little bigger when we tried to load him in the truck. He grew again this morning so I Scaled him and was surprised, 245. Best one we’ve killed out of that place by about 60 lbs I would guess. And definitely our best hog this year so far.
Father and son had a good time I think, and I will be surprised if that boy ain’t calling in the next week asking if he can tag along again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 10:24:02 am »

That was a good hog. Solid and healthy rascal

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 09:25:56 am »

We don’t seem to catch many sorry drawed up little hogs down here. This coastal black brush seems to keep them healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: