April 16, 2024, 01:46:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Severed tendon  (Read 2749 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 05:36:27 pm »

Well boys. Sketch will live the rest of her days with just 3 good legs. Surgery was successful in reconnecting the tendon, but the scar tissue build up and swelling didn’t do us any favors. There a lot of extra slack in that hock. I’ll have to get a picture of it, she can plant off of it, but at the point where it becomes stable, it’s over extended by a good bit. Regardless, I was confident it is a strong as it’s going to be. Have been swimming her a few days a week and letting her run loose some. She has had some sure enough hurt feeling watching us load up since she went down so I decided it was as good a time as any to break her back out.

Short story shorter, she is plum out of shape, and the one good back leg ain’t up to speed on having to pick up the slack for the bad one. All that said, she has never had the most ability in the world, but she’s got enough heart for a whole string of dogs and She will die that way. She hit the ground, took a little for her to figure out how to travel, and you could tell she got sore quick. But about an hour or so of hunting, her and rocky cut out a few hundred yards and hit some hogs in a hay field. Hogs wanted to run but they eventually ended up with a little hog caught in the open.
  Don’t know if I’ve smiled so big for such a little hog since I caught my very first one 5.5 years ago. Even my buddies were happy to have her back. We’ve all missed the spunk she brought and the confidence that came with her being out. Little condition ahead and I don’t think it will be too long before I can post a picture sitting behind a big ole bad one she put up bayed for the last time. Fingers crossed she comes in the fall, we damn sure need some more pups off her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: