March 28, 2024, 11:49:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Severed tendon  (Read 2675 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 09:36:04 am »

Hey Slim,
The hog findin-est dog I’ve ever owned had hers cut smooth through many years ago and I didn’t have the money to even do what you’ve done. Mine just got retired to the back yard for a year. She developed thick scar tissue and will act like she uses the leg, but she’s only using it like she would a crutch or a prosthetic.

After a year of retirement, I took her along one night. She bayed a rally, which busted before we got there, and she went on the relay, baying about 8-10 more singles and ultimately on the last hog she was leaning waaaaaay out over her front shoulders, using the good back leg to bounce forward. It was definitely super strange looking and I still can’t quite figure out how she managed all that.
I’ve let her come along a few more times over the years, but mostly she is just retired.

Give yours plenty of time to heal on her own and I bet she’ll make herself useful again someday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T bob we rehabbed her pretty hard, she’s been back at it pretty regularly for a little while now. This was the last hog she bayed for this year. She is due to drop a litter any day now. She can put the leg down and really go off of it pretty well. I’d say it’s probably at 80% or so of what it was before the injury. After 5-6 miles of tracks it definitely gets a little sore on her and she will favor it some, so I try to keep her from putting pointless miles on it. She casts well enough for the country we hunt so we load her between casts or don’t drop her unless we’re confident it’s a hog around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: