April 26, 2024, 05:02:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard cull  (Read 1615 times)
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:05:26 pm »

When I was younger I wouldn’t bat an eye as to removing and inferior animal from my ownership, as I get older and deeper into these dogs it definitely has gotten a lot harder, but it’s something that must be done and as Tdog and Slim mentioned I know the fate of the dog and find peace in knowing that animal was loved and taken great care of its entire life up until it’s final seconds, 99% of my dogs I raise from pups and 99% of the pups I raise are created and born right here under my oak trees and become part of my family, I create a unique bond with everyone of them individually and it’s a painful thing to have to do but must be done to set and maintain a high standard, I could be wrong but feel as if dogs can and do experience emotions just the same as us and won’t allow one of my dogs to be put through such things that come with hauling it off, selling it just to “recoup” my money, or pawning it off a wet behind the ears green horn who don’t know a hot dog from a hog dog, it’s to quick, easy, and morally and ethically responsible for yourself and the dog, last several years I haven’t had to cull one on account of just being a dud, usually just because I like things to be done certain ways and not all dogs meet my standards, the few I do decide that don’t meet the standards are given to some of my cousins that run deer dogs and I trust and respect their handling and raising, the prey drive is definitely locked into them genetically and we all know running deer seems to be much easier game for dogs to run lol I’ve had to do away with to many to remember to get where I’m at and knowing I’m willing to do what most can’t to achieve my goals and knowing my animal isn’t going to suffer in anyway and my breeding program just took another step forward brings me enough peace at mind to stabilize the emotions that come with having to do such things ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: