March 29, 2024, 10:28:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard cull  (Read 1515 times)
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:54:59 am »

Thanks y’all. Still kinda sucks seeing the empty pen, but it was definitely best for myself, the pack, and the dog. I figured it would have to happen one day being in dogs. I know it’ll probably happen again. My goal is absolutely to have the best on my yard. Pretty don’t mean a thing. I haven’t bred anything in almost 8 years, tried last year but my gyp got a closed pyometra and I had to spay her.  Tried to wait for a good male to be available.  Sometimes things just don’t go as planned. I’ve got a decent crew going now, from 1 year up to 4 years excluding my 2 older dogs. We’ll see how they keep going and figure out what might make some pups. I don’t post much but there’s multiple folks on here that I sort of look up to.....several of y’all commented on this.  Really appreciate y’all, thanks for being here, for the good and bad.

I read where you said that u had to spay one of your females for a closed pyometra,,,   I had never heard of this before last yr when one of my plot gyps got an infection in hers and after 2 days of seeing her not acting right,, on the 3rd day when I come in from work,, I took her to a vet since she could hardly stand by herself..   She never made it off the vet table that night and she died at 3 1/2 yrs old... Terrible and big lost on my part for not thinking this was as serious as it was..   That vet told me that it is a situation that don't usually happen but he said for me to run antibiotics thru gyps after a heat cycle if you do not breed them ,,, and that would usually stop any possibility of infection being trapped inside and rupturing...It was a learning lesson for me at 44yrs old and have been raising dogs all my life … 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: