March 28, 2024, 08:26:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobbles  (Read 972 times)
Arkansasbowhunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2020, 11:29:27 am »

I have been trying to dig through the archives and haven’t had a lot of success. I am looking to make or buy a set of parachord hobbles.  I just can’t seem to get the nylon ones on quick enough and them hogs wearing me out lol.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 02:29:28 pm »

I won’t lie....this time anyway, I use regular handcuffs. When I’m by myself and going to tie a good hog I cuff a hind to the opposite front with the cuff key hole facing  away from the hogs belly. Then I take my time and tie all 4 feet with a tie rope, sometimes just 3 feet depending on if I grabbed a short tie rope. Then I take the cuffs off. If you face the key hole to the belly it seems like it’s easier for them to kick it with their free leg and break or bend the key while it’s in the cuffs if you decide to use just cuffs. I have seen too many hogs slip hobbles and be gone when we came back for them so I prefer a more secure method. Another thing is if you decide to use cuffs, don’t take the ones from the bedroom! That ole boar hog smell is a definite mood killer with most ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 08:18:10 pm »

Hobbles is good for keeping them big boar hogs feet from swelling, and FRESH when you turn him loose in a few hours lighter on the backend.  Ask my buddy, he got the bad end when he thought he'd be slow getting up.  He walks with a limp now after that boar got into his knee pretty good.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 10:07:27 pm »

No bueno on that deal. The times I’ve used hobbles, I pulled their feet up in the air to keep tension on the hobbles. Just what worked for me. You’re right about it not cutting circulation off though. That wide strap helps with that.

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 07:01:18 am »

You can order double flex cuffs on the internet,,,  they are quick to put on and all you have to do is pull the end of the strap to tighten em up.  they are wide straps so it don't cut the circulation off to their feet either..     Also Like T- Dog said,,,  clip em upside down  to the trees so gravity will help em not kick loose..  you can buy the ones that are reusable or not.. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Arkansasbowhunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 08:24:34 am »

Can you provide a picture of the double flex cuffs. 
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 10:06:58 am »

Here’s some u can order from Amazon.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 10:20:03 am »

https://ruffenuffonline.com/shop/ols/products/hobbles

Arkansasbowhunter
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 07:41:19 pm »

Awesome thanks
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2021, 04:51:06 am »

The best hobble is a 6 foot long mule tape second is hay twine the thicker one third is 1/4 grass poly rope

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: