March 28, 2024, 05:28:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best hunt in a while.  (Read 619 times)
CalebKirkland
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2020, 10:15:22 am »

I had a couple days off this week and wasn’t planning on hunting but my daughter decided Wednesday morning that she wanted to go hunting. I didn’t have anything ready to go but Since she wanted to go I threw the collars on charge and loaded up the ranger. Earlier in the week I had some of my leashes, break sticks, and a cut vest stolen off the back of my truck so I had to dig around and find some spares I had tucked back in the shed. With all the unpreparedness I just knew the hunt was gonna be a disaster but the good lord blessed us with a good, safe, and quick hunt. We pulled up to the spot I wanted to hunt and I let my daughter pick which dogs to turn out. She picked Sadie and Earl. She turned them loose and we sat around talking while they made a couple loops out in front of us. Sadie come up bayed a few hundred yards in but while I was getting everybody loaded up the hog broke bay and ran within a hundred yards of where we were standing and sat down bayed in the wide open. I grabbed the bulldog and walked into 50 yards and turned him loose. I got him caught and under control and then let the kids come in. This was little bits first time to stick a hog and my little mans first hunting trip. They both had a blast and was wanting to go again Thursday but I told them we had to wait and let the roads dry out after all the rain Wednesday night.

HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:45:50 am »

Sounds like you have a couple good hands for the next few years and then some!!

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 12:39:37 pm »

That’s what it’s all about!! I believe they’re hooked! Congrats on the hunt. Sucks thieves stole your stuff though. I hate a thief!!!

Lake Haven Kennels
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 04:57:04 pm »

Best thing having kids that want to go...

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 10:27:38 pm »

That's awesome bud! Te beat memories you'll ever make right there. They'll be better kids for the time well spent.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 01:47:53 pm »

lol.   Man. That’s getting it done there.  The best way is with them kids.  When I look back on the best hunts it was when them young uns was little like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:59:07 pm »

Cant beat having your kids with you. They will remember it always.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: