March 28, 2024, 08:33:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Consistent hounds  (Read 1125 times)
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2020, 12:51:33 pm »

I’d like to have a hound pup or two to throw some cold nose in my pack and I’m looking for word on any body that raises blue ticks or plots that have been proven time and time again. Thought about looking into bear and cougar dogs but idk how they would work in the south. Thanks!

Mathews mission venture
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:21:07 pm »

Chest on, cajun and the old man on here catch so many hogs that they have to quit and let the hogs from other areas filter back into their part of the country so they can start catching hogs again. Both have VERY proven dogs. They aren't the only 2 on here but the first 2 hound guys that pop into my head.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:44:31 pm »

Ok thanks

Mathews mission venture
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 03:32:24 pm »

I'd suggest you take a really good female to Cajun's Hillbilly dog, I don't know exactly where you are located but maybe he isn't too awful far from you and it would cut down your wait by a generation, and since he is already proving to be an excellent sire you wouldn't be rolling the dice on a Plott pup you got making the grade in the woods or the brood pen.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 12:53:06 am »

Very sound advice

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 11:17:20 am »

I’ll have to remember that. I currently don’t have any females that I believe are worth breeding. I have my main strike dog with a pointer and a pretty good older bmc. I’m going to have my hands full in a couple of months. I may accomplish what I’m looking for with the pointer cur cross. I picked up a Bluetick gyp the other day but she’s more of a potato than a hunter but if I can get her rolling good and she can help line out tracks she may be a keeper.

Mathews mission venture
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:20:16 pm »

Just caught up to this post. Thanks OLd Man. You have a worthy pack yourself. Their are others on here that have some pretty good Plotts also.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: