March 28, 2024, 02:27:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getn beat  (Read 673 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2020, 07:47:26 pm »

Boat was down for a few weeks waitin in line for tighten up.Finally got it back made a few hunts we have lots of water right now and the big boar's have been using it to their advantage and hitn every gator hole they can to get me to catch the dogs off.Hambone winded some hogs downwind from us 750yds the other night and tried his best to get him and Cypress ate.I came out the river into the marsh headed for a head upwind and he struck so I figured the hogs was up wind feeding outside the head well he heads straight back across the River 750 and bays this is at midnight in FL in June got to the River just in time to catch Cypress halfway across the River with 2 Gators 20ft on either side of her coming at full speed they didn't even go down when I blew up on them they were hot.Barred a few and got outrun by 2

Hit the club early the  other morning found a fine track and Cypress did a fine job and trailed him .67 bayed him in the bed sent a couple young dogs even though I knew better this is a deer dog club and they train year round hogs are real sensitive he broke and Cypress ends up 2 miles off club bayed in the nastiest thickest swamp you ever seen crawl hands and knees for the last 180yds send Dozer and heard squealing bout puked he threw her off on a Gilt.Big boar's been gettin the best of me last few.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 07:52:03 pm »

My hats off to y’all man.  That’s some of the worst territory a feller could dream up.  I’m fixin to hunt a piece of property with them aggravating lizards in a couple of weeks.  I can’t hardly sleep the night before when I go to places like that.   Hope y’all the best man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 09:03:10 pm »

Ol' hambone would be a lot safer in central Texas. We are lizard free. Sounds like the dogs are working well enough, it's the lizards getting you beat. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 06:21:39 am »

Happens here all the time Cracker. We do not even attempt to hunt the marsh in the summertime because of the gators. That was a close call on those dogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 12:32:36 pm »

You gone get em!
Nice hogs and dogs look good cracker
What bout your gator tags!!!???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 12:38:29 pm »

Lol yeah I try my best to keep em safe gotta hunt what the good Lord have me Highwater.

T-dog Hambone don't like Texans sorry.

Thanks Muddy I have applied for Gator tag's for 23yrs and never got drawn somehow I still managed to eat me some pretty regular over the years.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Birdslayer86
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2020, 10:53:49 pm »

Funny how you can put in for tags nearly your whole life and never get drawn but yet know people would get drawn year after year after year and we are suppose to have preference points to help solve that. Looks like your hunting off an airboat cracker?? You must be across the state from me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: