April 18, 2024, 05:43:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Better start packing!  (Read 1885 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 10:34:11 am »

Austesus what type of pistol you carry?

Sorry bud I just saw this. I carry a glock 19 gen 3. It’s my everyday carry. I have a trigger and night sights on it but other than that it’s all stock. I’ve swam with it and had it covered in mud and it still goes bang every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 10:43:59 am »

Just get you a job. 50% of the hog hunters out here don't have permission to hunt anywhere they hunt. Probably is you're probably gonna be poaching another poachers spot lol. There's a hog dog or ten tied to every other tree out here it seems like.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Same in SC. We have WMA’s where you can hunt a few days out of the year, public land on the river, federal land on the river that borders the public land, and the rest is private. Tons of people try to slip in the federal land because it’s loaded and the hogs are easy. The public land you really have to know to hunt. Water levels change in the blink of an eye and all of the available land changes with it. The entire 17,000 acres is a flood plain in the middle of nowhere with Channels running through it. You might go in a channel and 2 hours later the water has dropped and you can’t get out. One day of rain will change the levels by 2ft, every winter it comes up 10ft on average. Not many people hunt in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: