March 28, 2024, 03:17:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Bulldogs  (Read 8594 times)
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2020, 09:38:51 pm »

Warrent, check out the fir sale section...

Seems like a good fit for you to at least give a shot. Haggiebear a good dude that loves the breed.

I have seen leatherneck dogs and they are driven... Henery a good dude that has been breeding fur decades.

Margenta and painter dogs go back to foundation stock.

And got old school Scott dogs in the mix as well and true grit...

If I were you, and like you say you are looking for something to prove I’d give it a shot for sure.

You got nothing to lose on this one.
I prefer my prospects to be weened pups. Thank you for the heads up though.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2020, 06:33:01 pm »

Warrent, after reflection,I 100% agree with you on that. And further I would not suggest anyone with a lot of prior experience with sometimes dominate breeds such as the ab to take on the responsibility of tryn take an older full grown dog, especially a male, and just try and dump a lot of new handling and pressure in the dog without a long period of trust building and handling....it is a recipe that could lead to disaster.

I got an older dog to try and blend into my little thing I got going some time ago...we never hit it off. It’s hard to know in those situations, especially when the dog comes from half the country away whether it is environmental and prior training or handling expectancy or a genetic bred in thing which is in opposition to what you are expecting...

Either way it did not work out for me.

I understand and agree.
Haggiebear
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2020, 03:29:41 am »

Thanks for the kind words... it’s really all about trying to make better bulldogs
 And putting  the right dogs with the right people  ... The male that was in the dog trade section has been placed and so far is catching well ...  I have a yard of standard bred American Bulldogs from bama boy margentina stuff vía Leatherneck, king ranch kennels ,bullhead, the Rowe’s via dory the axehead bitch , truegrit blood via high octanes Tyson by way trezona ...There is sorting to be done with Americans bulldogs as a whole  to get the complete package... But the good ones are very good dogs...
TedH71
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2021, 11:23:47 pm »

Does Mitch Allison out of East Texas still breed hunting ABs? Last time I talked with him was well over maybe 20 years ago? His dogs were huge.
JB Garcia
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2021, 10:29:27 am »

Last I heard he wasn't in the AB's anymore. He was always a pit guy 1st, though he kept a lot of AB's around and did breed them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: