March 28, 2024, 06:07:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kennels size  (Read 1633 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:17:38 am »

My nephew bought some kennels were 4x8 or so. The 8 was ok but a big dog can literally touch both sides of the kennel at once. If they aren't getting out every day to move, it will have an affect on them. Dogs do get pen stale and they will go stir crazy. My kennels are 6x10 or larger depending on which pen they are in. I personally think my dogs on cable runs do the best. The cable run is about 30' or more long. The cable runs about waist high so I can mow under it and I don't clothesline myself either and I can step over it. The chain on it is 10' so the dog basically has a 20x20 run space. They are spaced so that there is about 4' of space between the dogs if they were to the end of the chain facing each other. That way there is no tangling, fighting, or accidental breedings. I used
2 7/8" pipe on the ends to run my cable through and they buried 4' deep. I dug a 2' post hole centered the pipe and then drove it the last 2'. I rotate my dogs regularly too. This helps with socialization and getting pen stale etc. I also move them so that if someone comes to permanently borrow one they have to look around and take more chance of being seen because the dog wasn't where it was last they saw it. Sorry for the rant.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: